The Analytics Manager leads the utilization of business data and statistical methods to provide insight into client business performance as well as the company’s processes, identifying areas and methods of improving operations.
This position is responsible for developing, interpreting, and communicating client-facing analytic products and implementing analytic tools and strategies, such as predictive models for epidemiological and econometric forecasting that allows data to be transformed into business insights using both classical and modern statistical methods. Creates transparent processes for taking on assignments. Manages projects and ad-hoc work. Identifies, manages, and develops internal and external data sources for business analysis. Maintains data warehouse.
- Work directly with external clients to define scope and intent of requests and communicate findings and methods of analysis to inform decision-making.
- Lead a team of Data Analysts that use business data and statistical methods to provide insights.
- Develop internal and external dashboards and reports.
- Develop repeatable processes for internal and customer-facing deliverables.
- Advise and mentor the team in communicating data information, analyses, and the insights drawn from them.
- Partner with the data architects to design efficient and effective data reporting structures.
- Present analytics findings to internal and external customers.
- Work with business to prioritize work being asked of the team.
- Mentor the team for career path growth and setting of goals.
- Report status and metrics of the work to upper management.
- Monitor extract, transform and load routines to ensure data resources are available for analysis.
- Guide research conducted by team.
- Provide forecasts for clients.
- Manage daily activities and deliverables of the Analytics team. Disseminate work across team members and manage their capacities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Data Science, or a related field. Master’s or higher degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience in a position working with and drawing insights from data.
- 2 years of experience leading a team.
- Proficiency in modern programming languages such as Python and R. Strong experience in Excel.
- Understand sampling, data collection, and metrics.
- Strong understanding of data organization/data warehousing and relational databases. Understanding of modern databases desired.
- Ability to present quantitative analysis in an easy and understandable way (written and spoken).
- Ability to convert analytics into actions.
- Solid knowledge of classical statistics methods and data science. Knowledge of machine learning desired.
- Strong statistical engineering skills (design of reports and dashboards, visualization, and processes).
- Project management skills are highly desirable.
Normal business office conditions, including working for prolonged periods of time at a computer screen. This position may require evening and/or weekend work.
Work may require occasional overnight travel.