Heniff Transportation provides best-in-class supply chain solutions to our valued customers by utilizing our network of supply chain services and resources. We focus on creating extraordinary growth and value across the markets, industries, and customers we serve through outstanding safety, innovation, and service performance. We accomplish this through one of the largest, fully integrated networks of terminals, transload and tank wash facilities in North America and now in Canada. We strive to be the BEST at everything we do.
Location: Kingsport, TN
Hiring for 1st shift!
$1000 sign on bonus!
Responsible for performing preventative maintenance, special inspections and general repairs on tractor and trailer units in accordance with DOT, federal and state regulations and Company standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Diesel Truck Mechanic will diagnose and repair tractors and trailers.
- Perform annual/systematic 90-day inspection in order to ensure equipment meets federal FHWA standards.
- The Diesel Truck Mechanic will perform the following on cargo tanks: internal, external, and upper coupler inspections, heat system, leakage, vacuum, pressure tests and vapor tightness test (EPA Method 27).
- Determine the overall mechanical condition of tractors, trailers and associated equipment, diagnoses component malfunctions and initiates repair actions.
- The Diesel Truck Mechanic will repair components by replacing worn or damaged parts with new or reconditioned parts.
- Correct vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, brakes, hubs, bearings, seals, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, steering, hydraulics; control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- The Diesel Truck Mechanic will se technical publications or automated systems in maintaining vehicles to prescribed manufacturers’ maintenance schedules and for researching parts.
- Properly annotate all maintenance and labor performed in maintenance management software.
- The Diesel Truck Mechanic will operate a yard hostler truck to move trailers within the facility yard and the shop as needed.
- Communicate the need to order and receive parts and supplies as needed.
- Diesel Truck Mechanic will adhere to all established safety (OSHA) and environmental policies and standards to include identification, use, and proper procedures for handling or disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Clean, organize, and maintain the work environment to ensure equipment longevity and workplace safety.
- The Diesel Truck Mechanic will perform welding repairs as needed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Diesel Truck Mechanic's report directly to the Shop Supervisor
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Experienced in the use of inspection and test equipment used for cargo tank inspections
- Demonstrated knowledge of vehicle and equipment theory, principles, and repair relating to diesel engines, air, electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems
- Ability to effectively and efficiently inspect tanks and trailers to align with DOT standards (49CFR HM180.407).
- Knowledge of tractor and trailer maintenance, DOT rules and regulations, company policies and procedures
- Ability to use vehicle diagnostic software
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- Shop may be susceptible to climate like outdoor weather.
- Frequent exposure to loud machinery, air tool operation, hammering and engine noise.
- This position includes 0% travel under normal circumstances.
- This position works in confined spaces.
Benefits and Perks:
• 401(k) Plan
• Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees receive:
• 120 hours Paid Time Off (prorated) in the first year & 7 Paid Holidays
• Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
• Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Voluntary Life & Accident
• Critical Illness Insurance
• Company Paid Life Insurance
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.