Wayside Publishing is a progressive developer of world language programs, resources, and materials for middle and high schools across the United States. We partner with educators to craft transformative texts and digital tools that engage students and foster successful communication and understanding across cultures. If you seek a varied and fast-paced environment and possess a strong mix of applicable skills, we'd like to hear from you.
About the job
At Wayside Publishing, we have set highly ambitious goals for our company that will require close collaboration across a wide array of functions and teams. As the Technical Project Manager for our Information Technology organization, you will lead complex, mission-critical technical initiatives to successful outcomes, partnering with leadership and cross-departmental stakeholders to drive their vision. Your work will directly contribute to Wayside Publishing's growth as a disruptive educational technology company.
You'll be charting a course with milestones, influencing & supporting individuals across teams to hit goals, and balancing robust risk tactics against the need for speed and quality. We'll count on your judgment and understanding of how people and teams achieve goals and rely on you to guide prioritization and planning. You'll bring a keen and deep understanding of project management. You will be reporting to the Senior Information Technology Manager, who will support you with a vision of success and the business challenges & hard questions that grow careers.
Most importantly, be ready to inspire your colleagues with how your project management aptitude can enable them to achieve their goals with minimal turbulence.
- Manage teams to successfully deliver complex, cross-functional, and critical initiatives
- Drive goal setting and planning activities, working with your manager to identify and develop the right teams to ensure high-performance execution
- Able to identify gaps where resources are needed to achieve high-quality results
- Intricately understand complex technical issues and communicate pros and cons of different solutions
- Proactively and objectively mitigate risks to prevent issues - and when issues arise, rally the team to resolve the situation and minimize consequences
- Efficiently and regularly communicate up, down, and sideways so that the status of our initiatives is clear across those who need to know
- Enhance our project management toolkit with your expertise and ongoing learning, support & train staff, and be available to people in the organization who want to learn
- Driven to create a positive impact in your work environment both in terms of culture and quality of work
- Other duties as assigned
- We value diversity. Brilliant project managers come from all backgrounds, united around their ability to build relationships, influence, communicate, problem-solve, and ultimately drive to goal achievement
- 5+ years of work experience in project management or equivalent in a role focused on leading teams to achieve goals through influence
- Experience with PowerBI, SharePoint, CRM Systems, Microsoft Project, or Wrike
- Able to get to the heart of ambiguous problems, articulate goals & the levers to achieve them, then mobilize team members to go forward
- Proven ability to build rapport, trust, and alignment across leaders with a wide range of perspectives and intents, from individual contributors to VPs, technical or non-technical, using multiple modes of communication
- A detail-oriented and big-picture thinker, who can quickly tailor their approach to the situation
- Highly resilient; you find strength and motivation when faced with unforeseen challenges and roadblocks because you have practiced techniques for staying calm & collected, and you have a problem-solving mindset
- Preferred: Direct experience with Agile development methodology, Salesforce, and Information Technology such that you're able to join us already speaking the language of software development, business/technical processes, and IT infrastructure
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance with options for supplemental insurance (Dental, Vision, Accident)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability policies paid by the company
- Life insurance policy paid by the company with options for increased coverage
- Retirement savings plan with company contribution
- Paid holidays
- Work/life balance as a company value
When submitting your application, please include a concise cover letter that speaks to your philosophy on project management, and why this role is the next best step in your career.
We believe that traditional hiring policies can hurt the most marginalized people in society, including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. Because we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
Wayside Publishing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITERS PLEASE