The Associate position within Frantz Ward LLP works closely with supervising attorneys and clients to address clients’ ongoing legal needs and represent clients in court, arbitration proceedings and administrative agencies. They conduct research and analyze factual and legal issues to properly advise clients, develop litigation strategies, gather evidence to prosecute or defend claims, prepare liens, bond claims, contracts, and other legal documents. The associate attorney provides updates and regularly consults with senior associates and Partners. To learn more about our Construction practice group, visit our homepage
Duties and responsibilities
• Developing and implementing strategies to protect the best interests of the firm’s clients.
• Coordinating with supervising lawyer and client on defense/prosecution of construction related claims.
• Appearing in a court, arbitration or other forums to effectively represent the interests of the firm's clients.
• Educating clients on potential construction claims and other business risks affecting the industry.
• Assisting in the discovery and litigation processes in pending matters.
• Negotiating with outside parties on contractual issues and legal disputes.
• Researching and analyzing the law on complex issues and writing briefs for submission to a supervising lawyer.
• Synthesizing legal research and analysis into a coherent written work product.
• 2-3 years of construction and/or surety law experience;
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills;
• Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality;
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
• Ability to deal courteously and effectively with others;
• Ability to effectively handle multiple projects and shifting responsibilities; and
• Ability to work in a demanding and fast-paced environment
• J.D. from an accredited law school
• Active membership and good standing with the Ohio Bar
• Outstanding academic credentials