Fidelity Bank's Loan Officers, known as Home Loan Specialists, play a key role in helping our valued clients get where they want to be. Fidelity Bank’s loan officers leverage their experience, expertise, and Fidelity Bank’s C.A.R.E. process to design lending solutions that meet each client’s home financing needs. In this role, incumbents will focus on developing business, building and growing your pipeline by leveraging partners and COIs, and networking heavily to build the LifeDesign brand in your territory. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of strong business development.
Under the direction of the SVP, Director of Residential Lending, the HLS will originate first and second mortgage loans and secure mortgage loan applications for the Bank, using the LifeDesign Banking approach to provide Clarity so each client can move forward with Confidence.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
All Fidelity Bank colleagues share a commitment to helping our clients make informed decisions using the LifeDesign Banking Approach. Our unique four-step C.A.R.E. process helps clients achieve Clarity so they can move forward with Confidence.
· Provides the highest level of client service in a positive, courteous and enthusiastic manner to colleagues, clients and the community.
· Develops and implements a broad-based business development program including realtors, CPAs, attorneys, brokers, personal referrals, etc. Visits realtors regularly and acts as liaison between vendors and the Bank.
· Maintains a thorough knowledge of all Bank loan products, services, policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations including, but not limited to, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Truth in Lending, Real Estate Settlement Procedures act, Massachusetts Adjustable-Rate Mortgage regulations and The Home Value Code of Conduct.
· Interviews applicants and takes mortgage applications. Maintains availability for meetings at assigned Banking Centers. Obtains all documentation and fees necessary for efficient processing including utilization of all systems needed for processing the applicant information.
· Communicates with vendors and applicants regarding the status of applications in process.
· Maintains and submits weekly log of activities, including real estate offices visited, broker meetings, applications taken and other relevant information.
· Represents the Bank at Board of Realtor meetings. Participates in mortgage programs and seminars and performs other functions designed to enhance the Bank's visibility and image in the real estate community.
· Collaboratively serves as a backup contact for other Home Loan Specialists when they are unavailable or on vacation.
· Other duties as may be required.
Associates degree or its equivalent. Minimum four years related mortgage lending or origination experience required. Excellent sales, business development, organizational and communication skills. Able to learn and effectively use required technology and applications. Able to work outside of typical business hours and travel extensively within the Bank's business (lending) community.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Fidelity Bank is proud to offer a competitive compensation and benefits program which includes health, dental, vision, life, and immediate 401(k) plan participation.
Fidelity Bank is an equal opportunity employer.