POSITION DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ACE Group is seeking candidates for a summer internship providing support to the Aircraft Combat Survivability Division of the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division. The candidate will be introduced to the engineering and employment concepts related to the survivability of aircraft in a hostile environment as they pertain to required system capabilities, characteristics and operational use. The internship is designed to immerse the candidate in engineering principals associated with the combat survivability discipline to include various modelling and simulation toolsets.
- US Citizen
- 18 years old or older
- Able to obtain and maintain a US security clearance
- Currently enrolled in an accredited or pre-accredited institution and be considered at least a rising sophomore at time of starting internship
- Minimum 2.8 GPA
- Experience with basic office tasks and software including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be diligent, hardworking and able to work in a professional office environment.
- Desire to gain professional experience
- Eagerness to learn.
- Experience with MatLab or Python.
Accepted by or currently working towards a bachelor’s degree in one of the following majors* (at the start of the internship):
- Aerospace Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- OR enrolled in an associate’s degree in one of the above courses of study at the school that has a matriculation agreement with an accredited institution that offers a bachelor’s degree
*Other majors in a technical field may be considered with applicable experience
ACE Group is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides expertise in the operational application of current and future airborne weapons systems, with an emphasis on their lethality and survivability in the Battlespace. Our employees draw from a wealth of personal, professional and company experience to provide our Nation’s decision makers with the knowledge required to optimally equip our Armed Services with affordable, lethal and survivable weapons systems.
We serve as our customers’ most trusted agents in their goal of producing enterprise-wide survivability investments and executable programs. We fill key roles within customer offices, offering critical knowledge regarding design, development, procurement, and test and evaluation of new and upgraded weapons and platforms.
ACE Group’s philosophy is simple: Our success must be grounded on service and honest relationships. We focus on meeting
the needs of our customers and employees, and trust that with those satisfied employees and satisfied customers, the business will take care of itself.
ACE Consulting Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACE Consulting Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.