POSITION DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ACE Consulting Group’s Engineering Internship Program is designed to enhance a college student’s education with hands on learning experience supporting Test & Evaluation activities in areas such as electronic warfare (EW), radio frequency (RF) properties, Radar properties, and signal theory.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to engage in critical thinking, gain practical experience, and build up expertise as they participate in a mission-orientation phase, followed by a “product generation” phase. The Engineering Internship is a competitive position that lasts 8 – 10 weeks each summer and is broken up as follows:
Mission Orientation: Weeks one (1) and two (2) will consist of a variety of engineering concepts to include EW, RF properties, radar and signal theory concepts via instruction and demonstration.
Application: Weeks three (3) through seven (7) will consist of the application of those concepts via the completion of the project.
Demonstration: The final week will consist of the demonstration of knowledge through an out-brief of the session and delivery of final project.
This is a temporary, non-benefited position – up to 40 hours a week for 8-10 weeks.
- US Citizen
- 18 years old or older
- Able to obtain and maintain a US security clearance
- Currently enrolled in an accredited or pre-accredited institution and be considered at least a rising sophomore at time of starting internship
- Minimum 2.8 GPA
- Experience with basic office tasks and software including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and communication skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be diligent, hardworking and able to work in a professional office environment.
- Desire to gain professional experience
- Eagerness to learn.
You must be accepted by or currently working towards a bachelor’s degree in one of the following majors* (at the start of the internship):
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- OR enrolled in an associate’s degree in one of the above courses of study at the school that has a matriculation agreement with an accredited institution that offers a bachelor’s degree
*Other majors in a technical field may be considered with applicable experience
ACE Group is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides unique expertise in the operational application of current and future airborne weapons systems, with an emphasis on lethality and survivability in the Battlespace.
We serve in key roles as trusted agents within our customers’ offices, offering critical knowledge regarding design, development, procurement, test and operational support of new and upgraded weapons and platforms.
ACE Group’s philosophy is simple: Our success must be grounded on service and honest relationships. We focus on meeting the needs of our customers and employees, and trust that with those satisfied, the business will take care of itself.
ACE Consulting Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACE Consulting Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.