Conair, part of the IPEG Industrial Group, is a leading producer of auxiliary equipment for the plastics processing industry. We make and market over 450 different products, including resin-drying systems, blenders, feeders and material-conveying systems, temperature-control equipment and granulators. Extrusion solutions include gravimetric control systems, film and sheet scrap-reclaim systems and downstream equipment for pipe and profile extrusion. Conair is also a leader in plastics process integration, engineering and installing complete manufacturing systems that help plastics processors manage their valuable raw materials, handle their critical manufactured parts, and improve their process yield.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for driving purchasing policies and practices for company operations. They are responsible for the provision of materials and services in support of manufacturing operations and sales. They are responsible for sourcing goods and services in a cost efficient manner while ensuring highest value for our company and customers. This position must work cooperatively with Global Product Managers, Engineering, Operations and Quality personnel to ensure complimentary efforts. This position requires a high degree of self-motivation, technical understanding of industrial equipment, procurement and logistics best practices. The Purchasing Manager interfaces with peers across IPEG’s locations to ensure compliance to company standards. This position can be located in Cranberry Township or Franklin, Pennsylvania and will report to the Vice President of Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Lead/mentor/develop/manage Purchasing/Procurement team (9 reports) to achieve targets. Develop high level of collaboration, deployment of best practices, and accountability;
· Negotiate contracts, purchase prices, and significant spot purchases with a focus on ongoing cost reduction;
· Lead sourcing initiatives to support operations and manage intermittent supply chain issues;
· Support value analysis and value engineering (VA/VE) activities in cooperation with Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Operations, and Quality departments;
· Strategically identify alternative sources to support capacity/risk management, cost reduction, and quality initiatives;
· Enable and ensure systematic use of company's ERP system (SAP);
· Manage inventory levels via proactive system setting maintenance and planning;
· Develop and maintain supplier scorecard and drive best practices to achieve KPIs;
· Develop sourcing strategy for Product Development in cooperation with Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Operations, and Quality departments.
Qualifications and Work Experience
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred;
· Proven success with purchasing spend in the $50M+ range achieving turns, shrink, accuracy KPIs;
· Experience with cost-focused solutions to manufacturing issues;
· History deploying strategic purchasing practices, i.e. category management;
· Experience with design and manufacturing of industrial machine products;
· SAP experience;
· Strong interpersonal skills and organization aptitude; demonstrable success leading and developing teams of 8-12 people.
· Hands-on approach; Player coach a plus.
· Excellent negotiation skills.
IPEG offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, bonus plans, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, wellness program and employee referral bonus program.