TITLE: Senior Program Manager, GBV Program
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Community Partnerships
STATUS: Exempt, salaried, full-time
LOCATION: Chicago, Illinois
Working at All Chicago:
All Chicago’s mission is to unite our community and resources to provide solutions that ensure and sustain the stability of home. On any given night, nearly 6,000 Chicagoans do not have a place to call home. These are our neighbors and together we can ensure that we all have stable homes.
All Chicago prevents and ends homelessness through emergency financial assistance, community partnerships, data analytics, and training and research. We strengthen our community’s collective efforts to prevent and end homelessness, guided by a vision of impact, influence, and inspiration. As our name implies, All Chicago brings together homeless service providers, non-profit partners, donors, and people with the lived experience of homelessness in a strategic effort to make homelessness history in Chicago.
We bring a sense of collaboration to our work and actively seek solutions through partnership. Come work with passionate, like-minded colleagues in a supportive environment as we help end homelessness. Learn more at www.allchicago.org.
All Chicago has recently expanded its programming focused on serving people fleeing gender-based violence (GBV), including those fleeing domestic violence, human trafficking, sexual assault and other unsafe situations. As a result, All Chicago is seeking a Senior Program Manager (SPM) as a key member of the Leadership Team to help lead new program areas and partnerships. Specifically, this SPM will oversee the centralized access to housing (Coordinated Entry) system for people fleeing GBV, serve as the lead liaison between funders, All Chicago, the CoC and GBV stakeholders and support the All Chicago GVB housing team as they launch new projects.
SPMs are charged with providing strategic leadership as well as programmatic and staff oversight. The SPM will work closely with colleagues across All Chicago, as well as at contracted partner agencies, to build the policies and infrastructure for new initiatives at All Chicago and on behalf of the CoC. The SPM will also ensure that lessons learned are incorporated into program design, and used to refine other programs, in subsequent months and years. The SPM is responsible for supervising staff and providing on-going guidance, mentorship, feedback, and motivation to staff to ensure competent performance while adhering to department and HR policies and procedures.
During their tenure at All Chicago, the SPM may work on multiple areas of focus, adjusting their priority items in response to pressing agency and homeless system needs. The job description outlines the likely areas of focus at the outset of the SPM’s role at All Chicago and is reflective of the level of responsibility and types of work SPMs manage.
The ideal candidate has a demonstrated track record of successful program oversight, innovative thinking, commitment to collaboration, and solid knowledge of the Chicago CoC as well as have experience with programming that serves people fleeing gender-based violence.
Program Management – 70%
- Provide leadership for applying for and launching new GBV programs, including ensuring that processes, workflows, connections to partners, program goals, benchmarks are clearly articulated.
- Create and oversee a project management plan for program development
- Supervise staff and/or direct team members to ensure successful accomplishment of program goals and refinement/revisions as needed;
- Develop mechanisms to iterate and refine program throughout the course of the project;
- Liaise between funders and partners to ensure program is optimized and outcomes are being achieved.
- Work across departments to enter into and oversee contracts with partner agencies, including performance evaluation, compliance and monitoring;
- Facilitate collaborative planning and activities across All Chicago staff, especially other SPMs, funders and contracted partners;
- Support partner agencies’ performance and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
CoC System – 20%
- As needed, oversee and project manage special projects to advance the CoC’s efforts to prevent and end homelessness.
- Manage other special projects as assigned.
Administration and Other Activities – 10%
- Work closely with the Executive Team to oversee the development and implementation of the All Chicago strategic plan objectives and ensure they are in alignment with the organization and direct reports’ workplans.
- Lead, mentor, and supervise assigned staff and interns. Conduct supervision sessions with direct reports, prepare three-month probationary evaluation reports for new hires and twelve-month performance evaluations for all direct reports.
- Develop and manages a high performing project team, ensuring succession plans are in place.
- Write position descriptions and lead the hiring, and if necessary, disciplinary and other personnel actions in accord with personnel policies, for all direct reports.
- Serve as an agency leader and liaison with other departments.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, peers, and partners in written, oral and in-person communication in both groups and at public events.
- Think creatively in the development, design, and creation of new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, and support.
- Actively participates in department, committee, and staff meetings.
- Assists with All Chicago events and other activities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to preventing and ending homelessness in Chicago and will have the following:
- Bachelors’ degree in Social Work, Psychology, Social Justice or another related field is required. Master’s degree in one of these fields preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of social services or related experience.
- Excellent professional writing and verbal communications skills.
- Exceptional work ethic and integrity.
- Goal-oriented and results-driven.
- Solid interpersonal skills, professional presence, and ability to interact with a diverse audience.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven project management skills required.
- Demonstrated management skills with the ability to motivate, stimulate and inspire teams to maximize their efforts in productivity and quality.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Passion for inclusivity and diversity, and interest in being part of a multicultural team.
- Good working knowledge/skills with Microsoft Office Suite of products including, but not limited to, Word, PowerPoint, Excel required
- All Chicago's normal business hours are 9am to 5pm. We are currently working entirely remotely and will transition to a hybrid remote/in-office work setting in the future. We will consider accommodations.
- All Chicago values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. All Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ qualified individuals based on individual merit. All Chicago does not discriminate against any individual with respect to the terms and conditions of employment based on that individual’s race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, housing status, or any other non-merit factor protected under state, local or federal laws. Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all personnel actions such as recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions, training, transfer, termination, and opportunities for training. All Chicago is committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team.
- Salary is in the $60,170-$91,070 range, commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package (with some employee contributions) includes medical, dental, vision insurance, and disability. Employer-matched retirement plan. Generous paid leave.
- Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary range requirement