JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse – Adolescent
REPORTS TO: Director of Behavioral Health & Wellness
FSLA STATUS: Part Time, Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Chase House
LOCATION: Boulder, CO (must be local/onsite)
ABOUT TGTHR At TGTHR (formerly Attention Homes), we are building a movement that galvanizes communities, empowers young people, and puts an end to youth homelessness. We won’t stop until every young person is valued, empowered and safe. We provide a continuum of shelter and housing services for young people experiencing or at risk of homelessness and support youth in achieving housing stability, improving their physical and emotional well-being, pursuing education and employment goals, and building strong social networks. We partner with stakeholders to advocate for policies that will address and prevent youth homelessness across Colorado. Our work is grounded in a commitment to social justice, and we are dedicated to promoting equity, diversity and inclusion in our workplace, programs, and community. For more information, visit TGTHR.org.
The following values guide all of our efforts:
- We believe growth is rooted in relationships.
- We believe in wildly celebrating resilience.
- We believe there is strength in diversity.
- We believe in promoting youth voices.
- We believe that housing is a fundamental right.
SUMMARY OF POSITION TGTHR is seeking a medical provider to be onsite at Chase House weekly to provide trauma informed medical services to adolescents in our care. TGTHR’s Chase House is a state licensed Residential Child Care Facility and Qualified Residential Treatment Program serving youth ages 12-18. Chase House provides a safe, home-like atmosphere for youth who have been placed by the state due to family disruption. While at Chase House, youth receive help with their schooling, family coaching services, life-skills development, mental and physical wellness support, equine therapy, community integration, pro-social educational and recreational activities, and an array of individual and group activities. The goal is to prevent youth from aging out of the foster care system into youth homelessness. This role provides an essential service to young people in hopes to improve physical health outcomes.
- Provide quality medical services onsite to youth in the program. This includes: initial physicals, requested appointments, consultations.
- Facilitate groups on nutrition, wellness, sexual health and others as needed based on the needs of program participants.
- Communicate effectively with youth, staff, families (as needed), and professional teams (as needed).
- Commit to being on-site for a minimum of 4-hours every week for walk-in appointments and/or general questions. Ideally in late afternoon/early evening.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Oversight of youth medications/MARS.
- Psychoeducation on medications.
- Receive on-going training surrounding trauma informed care and psychosomatic responses to trauma.
- When appropriate, address/educate staff and youth on potential somatic responses related to secondary trauma.
- Collaborate with Director of Behavioral Health and Wellness on program needs.
- Engage in youth staffings and staff meetings as needed/requested.
- Collaborate with case managers to ensure medical concerns are integrated into the treatment plan.
- Occasional on-call responsibilities when appropriate.
- Licensed Nurse (RN), Nurse Practitioner (NP), or Psychiatric Nurse (PMH-RN).
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Commitment to continued education of social justice, especially the intersection of youth homelessness and race, sexuality, gender, ability, and socioeconomics.
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- Strong verbal communication, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Understands and respects the importance of confidentiality.
- Willingness and ability to work in a dynamic environment, in a team setting.
- Strong computer skills, including Google Workspace and Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and other strenuous activities.
- TGTHR's important work classifies our employees and program participants as high risk. The health, safety and ability for our team to provide critical services remain our most important priorities. If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or are able to receive one within seven weeks of hire.
- Experience working with youth and young adults with systems intersection.
- Bilingual, Spanish preferred.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Accident Insurance Options (Full Time only)
- TGTHR pays 85% of employee only premiums and 100% of life insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 3% match
- Generous PTO, Sick Pay, 9 Paid Holidays (or time and a half pay when working)
- 8hr Floating Holiday (salaried/admin hourly/temp only)
- Parental and Bereavement leave
- Time off for Voting
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Work Environment (depending on position)
- Annual Professional Development Stipend and 20+ hours of Paid Training
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Staff Appreciation Events
- $50 Bonus for Every Overnight Shift Worked
- TGTHR is pleased to provide professional growth opportunities for full time employees pursuing their LPC or MFT licensure. In exchange for providing counseling services in programs, employees will receive on sight individual and group supervision at no cost to the employee.
- Salary Range: $45-$60 per hour
TGTHR is a drug-free workplace. Candidates and employees must be able to pass a criminal background check.
TGTHR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are strategically invested in creating an equitable, diverse, just, and inclusive work environment. All interested individuals, including people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, women, and people with different levels of ability are particularly urged to apply. For more information on our justice, equity, diversity and inclusion efforts, visit our website here.