Conair, part of the IPEG Industrial Group, is a leading producer of auxiliary equipment for the plastics processing industry. We make and market over 450 different products, including resin-drying systems, blenders, feeders and material-conveying systems, temperature-control equipment, and granulators. Extrusion solutions include gravimetric control systems, film and sheet scrap-reclaim systems and downstream equipment for pipe and profile extrusion. Conair is also a leader in plastics process integration, engineering and installing complete manufacturing systems that help plastics processors manage their valuable raw materials, handle their critical manufactured parts, and improve their process yield.
The Product Support Specialist has a basic understanding of the interaction between various products in a production system. The Product Support Specialist will be the primary liaison/contact person between Sales, Project Management (PM), Service, Parts, Estimating and Engineering during the Quoting, Installation and Startup/Commissioning of all Conair Systems Orders (SAB), and will provide technical support to achieve total customer satisfaction. The Product Support Specialist will have good knowledge about current Conair products, and basic knowledge on legacy products. This position reports to the Service Supervisor/Manager. The position may be based out of Franklin, PA or a home office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review Systems quotes/order acknowledgements for accuracy, and attend Systems kickoff meetings;
- Coordinate System startups with PM and Service Scheduling/Dispatch;
- Schedule and conduct pre-startup meetings with Field Service Representatives (FSR), PM and Sales, and provide necessary documents to FSR;
- Provide basic-to-intermediate level technical product support to customers, Sales, FSR, and PMs during the quoting, installation and startup of a System order;
- Coordinate with PM Systems Engineers to develop tools, processes and procedures for the Sales and Service Departments to use, in order to reduce and prevent errors in system configuration and design;
- Travel to customer sites occasionally to perform basic-to-intermediate level troubleshooting, service, and training tasks;
- Create documents, articles and reports to assist department personnel with quickly resolving complex issues;
- Be able to provide backup Specialist support on at least three other product lines or complete Material Handling or Water Systems;
- Act as Conair’s lead trainer, organizing and/or conducting service training for FSRs as well as service and installation contractors;
- Provide after-hours technical support as part of an on-call rotation;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technology (or related field) and/or three (3+) years of experience working with Conair equipment;
- Proven experience in troubleshooting and repair of industrial equipment;
- Operation and application knowledge of Conair equipment is preferred, but not required;
- General mechanical, electrical and control application knowledge;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Salesforce (Salesforce preferred), ERP (SAP preferred) and other software packages;
- Maintains a service-focused attitude, appearance, conversation, and quality of work;
- Has a positive attitude and fosters a continuous improvement environment;
- Solid verbal and written communication skills;
- Solid interpersonal skills, providing high-quality customer service.
The IPEG Industrial Group is a family of leading brands serving the global plastics, recycling and industrial heat transfer markets. IPEG, Inc. is a corporate entity which provides best-in-class manufacturing and business support services to its brands in order to create a competitive advantage for each of the brands to drive better solutions for customers.
At IPEG, we focus on two things: Customers and Employees. And we have a saying that if we do right by both of them, everything else takes care of itself. We have formalized this into IPEG’s Purpose: To foster excellence and inspire confidence in our customers and employees.
IPEG offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, bonus plans, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, wellness program and employee referral bonus program.
IPEG, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement), veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, HIV-positive status, possession of the sickle cell trait, genetic characteristics, political views, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.