Pay Range: $23.50-$34.00 per hour
Status: Seasonal Hourly (Non-exempt)
Food and Beverage employees at Arapahoe Basin are committed to creating a day worth repeating for our guests ensuring “Legendary” service and food quality throughout our Food and Beverage outlets.
As the Legends Café Manager at Arapahoe Basin you will lead by example while overseeing the daily operations of Legends Café and the Coffee Corner to ensure a welcoming, clean and friendly environment for our guests.
This position is responsible for supervising all Café Team Members, delegating daily work assignments, maintaining inventory and dealing with guest and employee relations concerns.
At A-Basin, we look to be thoughtful, creative, and energetic and we are known not only for our A-mazing skiing/ riding but also for our A-mazing Food and Beverage options.
We are like a family here at A-Basin. Apply now and come join our Food and Beverage Family!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe Basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts
- Free, transferrable A-Basin comp lift tickets earned for every 120 hours worked
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time-off for all full-time employees
- Sick pay and bereavement pay for all employees
- End-of-season bonus for all employees
- Financial assistance and mental health resources through WorkLife Partnership
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Supervise, train, coach, and discipline Legends Café staff of about eight individuals in accordance with A-Basin standards.
- Create employee work schedules and process payroll for Legends Café staff.
- Work with F&B director on overall P&L management.
- Interacts positively with customers to ensure they are receiving the best food product/experience and works well with all other F&B staff and other A-Basin staff.
- Responsible for open and close of Legends Café for lunch or breakfast including but not limited to labor management, securing building, and daily reconciliation of all cash registers.
- Responsible for ordering and inventory of all front of house perishable and nonperishable items.
- Trains staff to cash handling and service standards set forth by F&B management team.
- Develops and ensures completion of daily and weekly cleaning checklists.
- Ensures upkeep and maintenance of vacuums, drink machines, reach in coolers and other related appliances.
- Works closely with F&B management team to ensure consistent message to staff.
- Holds staff accountable for operational standards including attendance, grooming, task list, and overall service level.
- Executes group functions in Legend's Café including set up, tear down, service, and collection of payment.
- Help to achieve company wide sustainability goals through proper management of daily bussing duties so that all trash, recycling and compost are sorted into the correct receptacle.
- Fulfil all duties of Café Team Members when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 years of management or supervisory experience.
- 2 years cash handling experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Reconcile a cash register using basic math and counting.
- Strong verbal communication skills required for guest interaction.
- Multitasking and strong time management skills.
- Adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Use full range of body motion: bend, twist, kneel, push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Stand and walk for 8 hours.
- Able to walk up and down stairs throughout shift.
- Withstand high altitude conditions at all times.
- Must provide own non-slip footwear.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
- You will work almost 100% of the time indoors in a high-altitude environment. Some outside work in a cold and snowy environment is possible on any given day. Most work is performed in a highly trafficked area in view of guests. A very frequent amount of high-volume guest interaction is involved in this role. Riding a chairlift may be required for certain work locations.