We live to make it better. Mari + Gold is a creative marketing agency that lives and breathes Hospitality, Tourism, and Lifestyle industries. We approach every client as a holistic partner-strategically guiding them to their unique version of the next level.
We’re looking for a stellar PR Associate who is passionate, creative and results-driven to join our team. This communications enthusiast will help support media and influencer efforts and boost awareness for a variety of incredible clients. As part of the Public Relations team, you’ll identify pitching opportunities and develop story angles, write and distribute press releases, maintain media lists and calendar postings, vet and research influencer partners, identify pitching opportunities, help with departmental organizational needs, provide on-site event support and more.
The ideal candidate is a team player who is open and receptive to feedback, yet can work independently. They are passionate about public relations with a results-driven approach, organized and efficient with time management. Finally, this individual would need to be comfortable interacting with clients, as well as media and influencers, and providing on-site support at events.
- Provide media relations support on all PR accounts
- Develop ongoing relationships with lifestyle, travel, hospitality and tourism media (locally, regionally and nationally)
- Develop creative pitch angles, ideas and giveaways
- Pitch and secure consistent media coverage
- Track and clip media hits and update activity reports
- Maintain media lists and build journalist and influencer relationships
- Organize television segments, interviews and camera crews
- Vet, research and communicate with influencer partners
- Draft press materials, influencer campaign briefs, pitches and client materials
- Monitor relevant media to identify real-time opportunities for proactive outreach
- Provide on-site support at media and influencer events
- Maintain status reports for all clients
- Create recap reports for media and influencer coverage
- Create reports for PR industry trends, as well as relevant client industries and competitor news
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1-3 years of public relations experience, preferably at an agency
- Experience pitching travel, hospitality, tourism, lifestyle media outlets a plus
- Prior media relationships preferred
- Superb writing and copy editing skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Able to multitask and work at a fast-pace
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of AP style and Cision
COMPENSATION AND PERKS
- $50,000 - $55,000 DOE
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- Generous employer contribution towards Medical/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) plan
- “Work from where you want” stipend to support flexible working arrangements
- Professional development and learning stipends
- 15 vacation days that will accrue in your first year; Vacation days will increase with tenure
- 9 paid holidays + 2 paid flexible holidays
- Parental Leave Benefits
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Mari+Gold Agency is continuously striving to create a more vibrant environment with diversity and inclusivity as its foundation-we welcome individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles. We believe we create the best work when everyone feels comfortable being their true, authentic selves.
Mari+Gold is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be!
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or at 619-663-5424.