Supports accounting functions by working on the receiving side of the company’s finances. As the Accounts Receivable Clerk, you will process and monitor incoming payments and secure revenue by verifying and posting receipts.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Monitor accounts and incoming payments.
- Process invoices according to company procedure; email invoices daily to customers
- Verify discrepancies.
- Prepare weekly accounts receivable aging report with collection status of past due invoices.
- Respond to and resolve customer’s billing issues and questions.
- Process bank deposits via Remote deposit.
- Call customers to notify of past due accounts, maintain records of calls and follow up on calls as necessary.
- Enter credit memos as necessary.
- Review D&B reports for customers requesting payment terms.
- Reconcile the Accounts Receivable ledger.
- Make sure that all payments are properly posted in a timely manner.
- Maintain open and closed receivable files.
- Process Purchase Orders & Receipts for non-inventory purchases (ie: printing, packaging, supplies).
- Assist Accounting Manager with month end close tasks as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, & Excel
One to four years of Experience
Associates degree a plus, but not required
Able to lift 20 pounds