U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and by supporting members, impacting athletes, and serving fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create, and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture, and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Accounting Manager position is a critical role in the Finance department. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas. This position will report to the CFO.
• Lead month-end closing activities, including review of journal entries, variance analysis, audit schedules and financial statements
• Review various financial statements such as expense analysis, trial balance, income statements, balance sheets and other related reports
• Review balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis. Investigate/resolve variances
• Provide guidance on accounting matters such as the impact of changes in new accounting standards/requirements
• Responsible for preparing weekly cash forecast and managing cash needs
• Evaluate monthly financial results with CFO noting business results and trends
• Lead the annual audit process
• Work with CFO to provide full year P&L projections and supporting schedules for the Annual Budget Process
• Participate in documentation and testing of key internal controls
• Assist with Board reports
• Perform special projects, as required, to assist the organization in achieving its objectives
• Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
• CPA required
• Minimum of 5 years of related accounting experience with demonstrated performance
• Prior experience at a public accounting firm preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
• Experience with ERP (Great Plains, MIP, etc.) and reporting systems required
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings & weekends as needed
• Passion for soccer is a plus
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.