Conair, part of the IPEG Industrial Group, is a leading producer of auxiliary equipment for the plastics processing industry. We make and market over 450 different products, including resin-drying systems, blenders, feeders and material-conveying systems, temperature-control equipment and granulators. Extrusion solutions include gravimetric control systems, film and sheet scrap-reclaim systems and downstream equipment for pipe and profile extrusion. Conair is also a leader in plastics process integration, engineering and installing complete manufacturing systems that help plastics processors manage their valuable raw materials, handle their critical manufactured parts, and improve their process yield.
Mechanical Engineering collaborates closely with the Electrical Engineering, Operations, and Sales groups to develop and sustain the best plastics downstream equipment in the world. As an Entry-to-Mid-Level Mechanical Engineer, this position will implement and design innovative new products for customers based on sales specifications to deliver detailed prints and BOMs to internal stakeholders. Reporting to the Engineering Manager and located in Pinconning, MI, this position provides an excellent opportunity for personal and career growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Quickly and methodically gain expertise in the Conair product line.
- Develop collaborative relationships with key product stakeholders to help drive good customer requirements, innovation, and effective decisions.
- Lead the successful development of new products through all phases of product development (concept to production).
- Provide root cause analysis of product issues with effective solutions and design enhancements.
- Create and perform product laboratory tests.
- Investigate, evaluate, and implement new technologies into Conair products by working with the internal lab and vendors.
- Orchestrate design reviews from the conceptual phase through to final design release.
- Assist in the creation of complete drawing packages including detailed specifications, simulation, test results, verification support documentation, bill of materials, and marketing/support literature.
- Provide technical guidance and support to the shop and purchasing to keep projects moving thru production, while constantly striving to get better at what we do.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- 0-5 years relevant experience, particularly in the design and development of complex machinery.
- Experience with the full life cycle of bringing products to market with a record of successful completion of products and introduction into the marketplace.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others in a cross-functional organization, while working independently when needed to achieve desired results.
- Practical experience with failure analysis and troubleshooting.
- Analysis of design components including Finite Element Analysis, thermal, shock, and vibration.
- Proficient in the use of MCAD design tools, specifically Solidworks.
- Working knowledge of electrical power/controls.
- Ability to travel 5% of the time (almost entirely in USA).
- Practical experience with DFM/DFA methodologies is a plus.
The IPEG Industrial Group is a family of leading brands serving the global plastics, recycling and industrial heat transfer markets. IPEG, Inc. is a corporate entity which provides best-in-class manufacturing and business support services to its brands in order to create a competitive advantage for each of the brands to drive better solutions for customers.
At IPEG, we focus on two things: Customers and Employees. And we have a saying that if we do right by both of them, everything else takes care of itself. We have formalized this into IPEG’s Purpose: To foster excellence and inspire confidence in our customers and employees.
IPEG offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, bonus plans, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, wellness program and employee referral bonus program.
IPEG, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement), veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, HIV-positive status, possession of the sickle cell trait, genetic characteristics, political views, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.