BlueWave is seeking a Senior Director of IT and Compliance who will help BlueWave achieve its mission by making BlueWave’s systems efficient, secure and compliant. With a cloud-first system architecture, there is minimal on-premise infrastructure, meaning that experience with cloud-based applications is a must. The Senior Director of IT and Compliance will focus on a diverse set of projects and activities, such as managing BlueWave’s third party IT services vendor application administration, laptop engineering/administration, information security policy implementation, disaster recovery planning and testing, compliance controls testing, and corporate network management. Projects and priorities will vary depending on the needs of our growing business.
BlueWave is on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solutions. As a pioneering solar developer, BlueWave has developed and sold more than 155 MW of solar projects to date. As built, these projects collectively generate enough solar energy to avoid roughly 119,490 metric tons of carbon emissions annually. A certified B Corp, BlueWave has received national recognition for its work to protect the planet, including being named the Clean Energy Company of the Year in 2018 by the Northeast Clean Energy Council, one of the top 100 Impact Companies in the United States for each of the last two years as rated by Real Leaders Magazine, and a leading growth company by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, summer Fridays and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k and Roth 401K option with company match, subsidized health, dental and vision plans, as well as life insurance and long/short-term disability.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
· Develop technology solutions that scale with business operations, improve security and ensure compliance
· Define and drive the IT and Compliance roadmap
· Manage IT vendors and contracts and conduct periodic vendor security reviews
· Provide training on applications, security and compliance to employees
· Provide input into the IT portion of the Technology budget and manage expenses accordingly
· Manage the onboarding and offboarding process of employees
· Collaborate closely with Legal department to establish and execute compliance and policy requirements
· Document and continually refine policies and guidelines based on identified risks
· Partner with business stakeholders to understand operational issues, risks and opportunities
· Ensure a secure operating environment by executing periodic controls tests and responding to security alerts
· Identify and track metrics to measure information systems controls
· Conduct internal and external audits as appropriate and respond to security information requests from clients and auditors while identifying, tracking and remediating issues
The position will evolve to supervise one or more junior roles as Bluewave grows. Supervision of managed service providers and IT vendors will be required.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology or a related field with 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Previous Network Administrator or Systems Administrator experience preferred
- Advanced network security certification, management and responsibility experience
- Cyber-security readiness and recovery training
- Familiarity with, or participation in risk management frameworks such as NIST RMF or CISA NIPP or SOC Level 1 and 2 audits
- Familiarity with ISO/IEC 27000 family of information and cyber-security standards
- Interest and acknowledgement in continuous training for skill updates as better cyber-security standards evolve
- Strong knowledge of cloud application administration, monitoring and troubleshooting with one or more cloud-based business applications, such as Azure Active Directory or Microsoft Office 365
- Self-motivated and driven; Ability to work efficiently and independently with modest supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.