**Please note that we will follow-up to your application via email. Often those emails are captured in Junk Mail. Please check your email frequently for communication from us regarding your application.**
Are you a self-motivated and highly resourceful person who is capable of dominating the markets we serve? Do innovation, information, and teamwork excite you? Are you an avid learner who is always looking to improve?
TOK is seeking a talented Associate Property Manager who will be responsible for protecting, maintaining, and enhancing the value of commercial real estate assets in order to maximize the property owner’s financial return and for the benefit of the tenants and the Company. This is accomplished by independent direction and coordination of the property’s operational and financial activities, leasing, and marketing. This employee represents the property owner to both the tenants and the public.
Who We Are:
- Locally and independently owned company founded in 1991.
- The leading commercial real estate firm in Idaho.
- Voted by our employees as one of Idaho’s Best Places to Work for fifteen (15!) consecutive years. We encourage you to join our team and see why!
As an Associate Property Manager, a typical day includes performing these essential duties and responsibilities:
- Acts as coordinator to ensure that company fully meets and exceed contractual property management obligations. Responsible for all management related duties in order to best serve each property, representing the owners as ‘clients’ and tenants as 'customers’.
- Manages portfolio in efforts to protect, maintain, and enhance the value of certain assigned commercial real estate assets in order to maximize the owner's financial return and for the benefit of the tenants, clients, and the Company.
- Reviews and enforces all terms of leases, insurance and service contracts. Understands and upholds all terms and conditions of property management agreement and explains to client as needed the extent and scope of management responsibilities, services to be performed, and costs for services. Likewise, is aware of what management contract does not provide and what additional charges may be billed to the client or tenant as work outside the normal scope of engagement;
- Develops a property budget with annual projections for anticipated income and budgeted operating expenses and capital improvement expenditures for client’s approval. Assisted in this effort by a Staff Accountant.
- Visits properties and reports property conditions (preventive and emergency) to the property owners. Assisted in this effort by a Maintenance Technician.
- Oversees the maintenance of property conditions (preventive and emergency), contracts for and oversees capital improvements and alterations, renovations or reconditioning of property as specified in property management contract, or per the owner’s directions or lessee’s agreement;
- Oversees collection of rents and other tenant charges;
- Coordinate bidding process with vendors.
- Directs disbursement strategy on behalf of clients;
- May contact utility companies to arrange for transfer of service for tenants and owners;
- Oversees preparation of financial statements and reports on status of properties to include annual budget preparation, monthly bill coding, financial document preparation, review and analysis including cash flow, income statement, general ledger, A/R & A/P, delinquencies and balance sheet;
- Coordinate and log tenant calls/requests with maintenance and/or repair personnel.
- Responsible for checking out building keys to outside vendors.
- Provides 24/7 on-call dispatch for any maintenance emergencies, on a rotating basis with all other property managers. Estimated to be approx. 1 week out of 10.
- May assist with eviction of tenants in compliance with lease terms, court order, and directions from legal counsel and owner.
- Directs bookkeeping functions, or credit client’s account for receipts and debits account for disbursements, such as mortgage, taxes, and insurance premium payments, management services costs, and upkeep and maintain costs.
- Track tenant insurance and contact information.
- In addition to managing their own portfolio of properties, this position also provides support to a Senior or Commercial Property Manager’s portfolio.
- Provide support to owners and accounting staff in the event of a property sale, appraisals, refinance or account changes.
- Reliable and predictable attendance required.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities needed to succeed:
- College degree strongly preferred. Experience in property management as either an assistant or manager is preferred.
- Advanced skills and/or exceptional ability to learn advanced software programs.
- Will be able to use the Yardi lease management system to include but not limited to: creating budgets, producing monthly financials, sending out tenant rent statements, correcting and approving invoices, using the Yardi maintenance system for preventive maintenance and work orders.
- Displays excellent oral and written communication skills and proficiency in necessary computer software.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, time management, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate concise and timely responses to requests, concerns and issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain professional relationships with owners, tenants, vendors, and staff while providing high levels of service to owners and tenants by communicating clear and timely responses to issues, requests, problems, and regular reporting.