Compensation: $39,583-$43,263 plus excellent benefits including generous employer contributions to medical, dental and vision premiums, and participation in the Oregon PERS retirement system.
Who we are…
Columbia Gorge Community College (CGCC) is a rural community college, sized perfectly to be dynamic, nimble and innovative. We serve a full-time equivalency (FTE) of approximately 850 students, with a total headcount of approximately 4,000 students.
CGCC serves a diverse region in north-central Oregon and south-central Washington. Our main campus is within the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area in The Dalles. There is also a satellite location in Hood River, Oregon.
CGCC strives to create a campus climate which encourages, promotes and supports equity awareness, starts conversations, and creates a safe environment where welcoming differences and providing equitable access for all is part of our core values.
We are in need of…
The marketing coordinator is a member of the college advancement team. This position reports to the executive director of the Foundation and is a critical member of the team, supporting marketing and communication strategies that promote the goals of the college.
This position creates, implements, and tracks targeted marketing plans, which rely heavily on digital marketing and communications tactics, making decisions about the appropriate media mix, collaborate on content creation.
Produce and edit social media content across all platforms, including writing, copy editing, and creating videos and stories. Work collaboratively across departments to determine organizational marketing and social media needs. Use marketing strategies to effectively fundraise, increase participation in programs and events, and increase brand awareness
Manage CGCC’s online communities, including responding to and elevating comments, answering messages, and ensuring a safe environment, especially for marginalized communities.
This position collaborates with the web/IT and enrollment services teams, leadership team, and staff to enforce brand consistency, outreach measures, DEI practice, and mission communication.
What you bring…
- 2+ years of experience in marketing/advertising and social media
- Experience with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and ability to adapt to emerging social media platforms
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (specially photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator)
- Superb writing, editing, and verbal communications
- Ability to film and edit video content for social media and digital marketing
- Ability to work quickly, independently and creatively in a rapid-fire environment, and manage a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Capture photos/videos/stories of students, staff, faculty, volunteers, and corporate partnerships on an as needed basis. Video production (as needed) through iPhone
- Strategy / Tactics: Ongoing tracking of social media analytics. Ongoing tracking for all email and video email communications
- Copywriting / Editing: Provide copywriting and editing for appeals, email newsletters, press releases, and print/mail/digital/social communication pieces
- Graphic Design: Social media tiles, digital collateral, print collateral, appeals, event collateral/website tiles and various tasks (as needed)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to adhere to deadlines
- Experience in higher education, particularly community colleges preferred
What the area offers…
Columbia Gorge Community College is located in an area of exceptional scenic beauty, recreational opportunity, and climatic diversity. The Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area offers spectacular waterfalls and scenic vistas, while the majestic Mt. Adams and Mt. Hood volcanoes dominate the skyline to the north and south. Outdoor recreation is one of the primary lifestyle benefits of the area, and it attracts a busy tourist industry. Portland is only an hour away, with its various urban attractions and access to international travel.
Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every one of the qualifications listed. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet every one of our qualifications listed. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications for this position, please feel free to contact us to discuss your application.
Open until filled. An initial review of applications begins October 11, 2022.
Starting Salary Expectations
$39,583-$43,263 yr. based on qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
Please include a resume, and letter of interest with your application materials