Teknion is looking for a Senior Application Development Consultant for our Irving, TX office, to help our clients transform their data into actionable insights.
The primary focus for this position will be delivering Custom Software solutions to our clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for interfacing with clients to gather requirements, perform relational database design and development, custom software design and development, testing, and solution implementation and maintenance.
A strong aptitude for continued technical learning and a desire to expand knowledge into other areas of our business (Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing) is also a plus.
At Teknion, we expect our team members to be Humble, Hungry, and People Smart in order to be ideal team players. In addition, we are committed to our three core values of embracing a servant’s heart, learning quickly, and going the extra mile. Applicants must be well rounded in a variety of technical skills that will be used across all kinds of consulting engagements. Applicants must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written), be highly self-motivated, be a clear thinker, demonstrate leadership potential, and maintain outstanding professionalism.
Each member of the Teknion team must have the following qualities:
- Team player
- Excellent communicator
- Quick learner
- Passion for data
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Have a servant’s heart
We are seeking individuals with the following experience:
- A B.S. degree in the area of MIS, CIS, or Computer Science or related experience
- 5-7 years of experience in relevant technical roles
- 2-3 years of experience in consulting technical roles a plus
- Experience with marketing data a plus
- Experience using the Google and Facebook APIs a plus
- Experience designing and developing data management and reporting portals a plus
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills to support dynamic and changing environments with multiple stakeholders and deadlines
- Very strong interpersonal skills and teamwork required to work with customers, stakeholders, and teammates
- Ability to work with customers to quickly understand their business needs, define requirements, and deliver quality solutions.
- Strong understanding of User Experience (UX) design and best practices (multiple device platforms a plus)
- Very strong skills in databases and SQL including design of analytic solutions. Multiple database platforms and/or Big Data experience a plus.
- Understanding of Microsoft Entity Framework 4+ and data transport objects a plus
- Strong skills interacting with 3rd party APIs in both REST and SOAP formats as well as working with common authentication and authorization mechanisms used.
- Strong skills in data querying, manipulation, transformation, movement, and storage including usage of tools such as SSIS, Alteryx, Informatica, etc.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environments
- General understanding of cloud platforms and environments