Pacific BioLabs (PBL) is an independent Contract Research Laboratory offering cGMP/GLP testing services in animal sciences, biocompatibility, medical device safety, analytical chemistry, and microbiology. Founded in 1982, PBL is beginning a new chapter, applying significant investment and energy towards modernizing workflows, upgrading facilities and most importantly, enhancing our employee experience. We are looking for talented, energetic scientists and professionals to share in our passion for our mission to enhance public health through the testing services we provide to our pharma, biotech, and medical device clients.
Are you up for a new opportunity that will utilize your injection or phlebotomy skills? Are you looking to apply your injection or phlebotomy skills in a way that you have not previously considered? PBL may have the position for you!
PBL has immediate openings for a Research Associate in the In Vivo Services Department with injection or phlebotomy skills that can be immediately applied to testing services involving rodents (e.g., mice). Candidates must be able to demonstrate a history of rodent injection including but not limited to intraperitoneal (IP) administration. Ideal candidates should be familiar with standard laboratory procedures including the use of analytical balances, dilution preparation, pipetting, measuring pH, documenting study activities, and analyzing/interpreting data. The Research Associate is expected to perform under minimal supervision. Research Associates also contribute to general laboratory operations including animal health monitoring, equipment maintenance, and maintaining a clean and organized laboratory environment. The position requires rotating weekend and holiday hours.
Responsibilities of the In Vivo Research Associate include:
- Under minimal supervision, perform dose administration (e.g., intraperitoneal) of test samples to mice (200-350 in one setting) daily Monday through Friday.
- Participate in the design and execution of laboratory testing in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and/or client-protocols.
- Document appropriate study records.
- Provide technical, scientific, and intellectual support to laboratory testing, as applicable.
- Interface with Analysts, Study Directors, and In Vivo Department management in support of departmental activities.
- Maintain logbooks, worksheets, equipment records in accordance with company guidelines.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Ensure sufficient inventory of reagents, consumables, and materials.
- Participate in company-wide projects designed to improve the overall effectiveness of PBL, as needed.
- Applicants proficient in rodent dose administration (e.g., IP) or phlebotomy, will be given priority consideration.
- Applicants with phlebotomy experience looking for a new challenge are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Candidates with injection skills, but with limited or no laboratory experience also encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a science-related field (e.g., Biological Sciences, Toxicology, Pharmacology, Animal Sciences) with 2-3 years of laboratory experience. Candidates with relevant laboratory experience may substitute for a degree.
- Must be flexible in work hours during the period of 9 am to 6 pm Monday through Friday.
- Broad understanding of laboratory best practices including scientific knowledge demonstrated by previous coursework, and/or prior work experience in a scientific/laboratory setting.
- Willingness to work with potentially hazardous biological and chemical substances.
- Willingness to work with and/or around laboratory animals that includes handling tissues and biological samples.
- Ability to participate and/or manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have full use of hands, arms and legs with occasional lifting of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work with persons of diverse background and function as a team.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written direction.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Hands-on experience in intraperitoneal dose administration to mice highly desired.
- Medical insurance package including dental and vision
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) with company match
- Company observed holidays and paid time off
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
PBL is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. PBL considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, or any other legally protected factors.