Come Smile with Us!
Delta Dental of Iowa invites candidates for a Data Entry Specialist to join our supportive and collaborative team. You will be responsible for entering information from paper claims according to established policies and procedures; scanning and completing proper filing or cataloging of paper documents for future retrieval; and providing support for mailroom and reception desk coverage when needed.
Why Delta Dental? We provide dental and vision insurance to more than 1.5 million Iowans. As a not-for-profit insurance company, our mission is to improve the health and smiles of the people we serve. We give back to Iowa communities by investing in health and wellness initiatives that make a measurable difference in the overall health of Iowans. Come see why we are passionate about "Bringing Smiles" to our customers. Our team enjoys competitive pay and benefits, an awesome "One Team" approach, and a company culture that fosters "Exceptional Quality Service" and "Leadership at All Levels." Love where you work!
Essential Functions and Principal Accountabilities:
- Enter claims into the claim system efficiently and accurately, with the objective of meeting and exceeding established production and quality standards.
- Maintain a highly organized document retention system (paper and/or scanned).
- Perform quality assurance checks on a rotating basis.
- Work with leader on work-flow coordination.
- Provide backup coverage for reception desk and mailroom.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent, with two years of insurance or finance related business experience, further education may be substituted for experience
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components
- 10,000 keystrokes per hour with 3% or less error rate in numeric and alphanumeric keying
- Basic knowledge of dental procedures and procedure codes preferred
- Experience with MS Office Suite
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team to achieve assigned tasks
- Dependability in attendance and punctuality required
Delta Dental of Iowa is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without unlawful regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, individuals with disabilities, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.