Alaka’i, a pioneer in the air mobility sector, is based in Stow, MA. Their vision is to transform the way the world moves. They want to change the world by revolutionizing the transportation industry. Their vehicle will be the most convenient, cleanest, and safest way to move from A to B.
Founded in 2006, Alakai’s key advantage has always been its people. Through their efforts, Alakai expects to make a meaningful contribution to changing the world.
The Consultant Project Test Pilot is responsible for organizing, planning, and conducting ground and flight tests of both small UAS and Alakai’s Skai aircraft in support of air vehicle development and civil certification, functioning as a subject matter expert to the company engineering and airworthiness teams, and to company management.
The Project Test Pilot’s specific duties include:
· Apply flight test risk management principles to all ground and flight test activities.
· Plan ground and flight tests.
· Conduct un-manned ground and flight development tests.
· Work cooperatively across boundaries in accomplishing company goals and objectives.
· Produce timely planning, report, and data submittals.
· Identify and work to resolve potential obstacles to safe aircraft development and certification.
· Minimum of two years UAS remote pilot experience with multiple small or large UASs.
· Experience in test planning, execution, and reporting.
· 14 CFR part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate.
· Commercial or ATP Pilot Certificate. Rotorcraft-Helicopter Rating preferred.
· FAA First or Second Class Medical Certificate.
· Skill in writing test plans and test reports and in communicating flight test objectives and results.
· Ability to apply flight test risk management processes, hazard identification and risk mitigation.
· Familiarity with FAA certification processes and regulatory requirements.
· Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
· Skill in working across functional and organizational lines.
· Experience as an experimental test pilot
· FAA CFI/CFII Certificate
· Large air vehicle remote pilot experience
It is the policy of Alaka’i to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Interested candidates please visit the careers link on our website at www.alakai.com