Currently searching for a Slab Countertop Polisher. Candidate must be hard-working, motivated, and dependable. Responsibilities for this role include grinding, sanding, and polishing various stone countertops, as well as other materials. Cross-training will be provided on fabrications, installs, and repairs as well as polishing. Looking for long-term candidate that wants to grow and learn the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Grind, sand, and polish various stone countertops and other materials.
- Use cloth, hand tools, and power tools to ensure a smooth surface.
- Adhere to safety protocols and use of provided safety equipment.
- Reliably follow instructions to ensure standards are met.
- Collaborate with co-workers to accomplish goals and meet requirements.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Willing to train if entry level.
- Must currently possess or be willing to obtain a Washington State driver's license.
- Candidate must be able to work in US and pass identification background.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hand eye coordination.
- Pulling and lifting is required.
- Standing and walking is required for most of the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to see well enough to discern differences in quality.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Small-shop environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.