The primary role of the Estimator is to produce accurate and timely bids, estimates, and proposals, along with other administrative support to the Multifamily team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Acknowledge receipt of Bid Requests
- Confirm Due Dates/Deadlines for Bid Requests and ensure these timelines are met.
- Complete take-offs from blueprints
- Compile “Items (Materials) List” from blueprints
- Develop a thorough understanding of which materials are needed for project completion.
- Kitchen design, using 20/20 software
- Extensive use of Microsoft Excel
- Pricing/Quoting jobs from items list and from 20/20 drawings
- Prepare proposals
- Gather/confirm specifications and selections
- Revise initial bids/quotes/drawings
- Assist in daily, weekly and monthly reporting, as directed.
- Assist with scheduling, as directed.
- Assist in prospecting new customers/projects
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 4-year degree preferred but not required
- Proficient with Microsoft 365 software, specifically Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Skilled with Ordering/Estimating design software i.e., RFMS
- Ability to read blueprints
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for long periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
- Overnight travel by car and/or air may be required on occasion.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office Environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.