The Project Manager’s (PM) primary duty is to effectively manage general contractor relationships, with a focus on multifamily construction. The PM is responsible for managing each job, from order generation to completion, in accordance with Markraft’s procedures, quality standards, and core values. Further, the PM must efficiently meet lead time requirements and cutoff dates in alignment with each booking of business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Obtain and verify customer selections and specifications.
- Field Measurements.
- Verify layouts and drawings work.
- Verify other trade’s work does not impede or contradict our standards.
- Review orders to ensure accuracy before releasing to purchase.
- Obtain customer authorization to perform work.
- Build positive working relationships with all 1099 contractors through clear communication.
- Ensure that all 1099 contractors maintain a high level of accountability.
- Determine and approve all parts of an order and present for purchasing.
- Address issues and concerns from general contractors, builders, and owners.
- Walk job sites as many times as necessary to ensure that standards are met for proper completion.
- Ensure all job records are accurate and up to date.
- Assist accounts receivable (AR) when necessary to resolve collection issues.
- Troubleshoot and actively resolve arising jobsite issues quickly and professionally.
- Manage cabinet delivery and staging, on site at appropriate units.
- Effectively perform other duties as needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 4-year degree preferred but not required
- Project Management or Construction experience on a multifamily scale
- Must be able to read blueprints
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for long periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
- Overnight travel by car and/or air may be required on occasion.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.