Pacific BioLabs is an independent CRO offering cGMP/GLP testing services in toxicology, biocompatibility, pharmacology, analytical chemistry, and microbiology. Founded in 1982, PBL is beginning a new chapter, applying significant investment and energy towards modernizing workflows, upgrading facilities and most importantly, enhancing our employee experience. We are looking for talented, energetic scientists and professionals to share in our passion for our mission to enhance public health through the testing services we provide to our pharma, biotech and medical device clients. If you are up for a challenge, come join our team!
PBL has an immediate opening for an Administrative Specialist. The Administrative Specialist is an on-site entry level position that primarily supports the testing departments with report generation and performs general office assignments and tasks. The Administrative Specialist reports directly to the Supervisor, Administrative Services. The Administrative Specialist is also expected to work closely with personnel from all testing and support departments.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Word processing in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Answering and routing incoming phone calls
- Sorting and distributing study files in departmental mail boxes
- Archiving of study files (organize, scan, and file)
- Handling confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Ordering office supplies as needed
- Reviewing invoices for any pricing inconsistencies or errors
- Collaborating with clients and PBL team members to resolve billing inconsistencies and errors
- Creating invoices and billing materials to be sent directly to client
- Inputting financial data into a cloud-based ERP for client accounts
- Performing AR follow up (if needed)
- Providing clients with month statements (if needed)
- Maintaining a clean and organized front office, desk, and workspace
- A minimum of high school diploma and 1-3 years of office or related experience
The Administrative Specialist must be a motivated employee capable of working in a fast-paced environment to produce quality and timely results.
- Attention to detail is essential
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, follow instructions precisely, and maintain accurate records
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. A benefits package including medical, dental and 401(k) is also offered.
Pacific BioLabs is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected factors.