At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional for our clients, our employee-owners, and our community.
Our Network Operations Center (NOC) is seeking a full-time Core Engineer to join our talented & growing team of IT Professionals. Our NOC team is responsible for helping hundreds of customers throughout Northern New England run premier technology solutions. NOC Engineers are an integral part of a collaborative team responsible for providing Tier-II escalated-level support to our Managed Services customer base.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong technical background, committed to quality engineering and unsurpassed customer service. The right candidate will have great communication & problem-solving skills, an aptitude for working with and learning new technologies, and an ability to work in fast-paced environments.
- Work both independently and collaboratively, leading customers through technology issues from triage through resolution.
- Be accountable for problem resolution in a wide variety of technologies and industries.
- Use exceptional judgment on risk and openly share information with customers and teammates through all phases of the process.
- Build expertise in monitoring, security, and incident management platforms and process.
- Employ and improve Systems Engineering standard methodologies to deliver consistent and effective solutions.
- Mentorship & Leadership through the sharing knowledge and guidance that improves the overall team effectiveness and enhances the team’s growth.
- Adopt a culture of continuous improvement and one team mentality.
- Continuously adapting to new technology, regularly learning new stacks while building depth in other areas.
- Practice continuous improvement by using and updating standard methodology documentation, automating recurring tasks, and using creativity to test new solutions.
- Act as a security authority both internally and externally and continuously improve security expertise.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3 years related experience supporting diverse technology environments or/and Associates or Bachelor’s degree with a technology emphasis.
- Solid understanding of technology including operating systems, networking, storage, anti-virus and backup
- Experience supporting any or all the following is a plus: Windows Servers, VMware, Citrix, RDS, Exchange, Veeam, AV, O365 + apps.
- Technical certifications a plus or willingness to obtain certifications.
- Possess strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrating a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to work independently, as well as commitment to be a great teammate; take ownership of assigned tasks and drive to resolution with a detail-oriented mindset.
- Effective critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills to obtain business solutions.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills, ability to adapt to changing priorities, as needed.
Our Benefits & Culture
Systems Engineering has two office locations: Our Portland, Maine office is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland positioned centrally to the waterfront, trails, parks, and restaurants. Our New Hampshire Office is located in the Brady Sullivan Tower just steps from downtown Manchester. Systems Engineering has repeatedly been voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work. We pride ourselves on being active in the community and proud to be employee-owned. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the future of the company.
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the company’s strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave, and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs including onsite health coaching, fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility and professional development, with training and certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.
- Hybrid Workplace – a mix of onsite and remote work opportunities available.
- Free paid parking in either downtown Portland (just a couple blocks from our office) or at our New Hampshire Office.