LendKey is solving a complex challenge – to improve lives with lending made simple – by helping financial institutions compete in the digital age through efficient and transparent access to quality loan production. LendKey works with hundreds of credit unions and banks and has conducted over $4.5BN in loan sales and originations across its platform.
LendKey is looking for an experienced, motivated, and detail-oriented compliance professional to join our compliance team. Reporting to the company’s General Counsel & Head of Compliance, this role is focused on leading our regulatory compliance efforts across the organization. This is a great opportunity for a compliance professional who wants to come work for a fast-growing financial technology company and be a key contributor to the company’s compliance function.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the company’s compliance management system (CMS), including complaint management, compliance training, monitoring/audit, risk management, and vendor management
- Develop, document, and monitor controls to ensure compliance with regulatory and contractual requirements
- Review and update, as applicable, company compliance policies and assist with the adoption of such policies
- Advise internal stakeholders on regulatory requirements and risks related to consumer financial services; Prepare reports of findings and recommendations for management
- Stay up to date on regulatory and policy developments (both, on a state and federal level) relevant to consumer lending and servicing, specifically related to student loans, home improvement loans, and other asset classes
- Lead the preparation of, and act as the lead point of contact for, regulatory examinations
- Conduct periodic risk assessments to drive appropriate compliance priorities and implement effective measures to mitigate risk
- Be prepared to manage a team of compliance analysts to ensure of efficient use of resources, effective management of processes, and quality control
- Work closely with the company’s product and technology teams to define and clarify regulatory requirements
- Ensure that the compliance team’s internal operational and regulatory review/audit calendars remain on schedule and completed
- Support and nurture key external partnerships and engagements (e.g., bank and credit union partners, vendors, state and federal regulatory agencies)
- Coordinate with external auditors when needed in connection with special requests and regulatory examinations of lending clients
- Additional requests/projects as needed
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of experience in regulatory compliance and internal/external audit with banks, credit unions, and/or financial technology companies
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) certification or other comparable certification preferred
- Experience with, and deep knowledge of, consumer financial products and services required; education and home improvement lending experience preferred
- Working knowledge of applicable federal consumer financial laws and regulations (TILA, FCRA, ECOA, SCRA, FDCPA, UDAAP, EFTA, GLBA) required
- Ability to work in a nimble and fast-paced company
- Strong knowledge of audit best practices and risk management
- Management experience preferred
- Self-motivated, energetic, analytical, and professional
- Ability to work well in a team environment, strong collaboration skills, and excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Able to multi-task and juggle multiple efforts/projects at once
- Detail oriented and excellent time management skills
- Customer focused; dependable with strong work ethic
Why work for us?
We have a lot to offer those that are looking to take the next step in their career, including:
- Opportunity to join a growing fintech
- Creative and transparent company culture
- Growth potential
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Company stock options for eligible employees
- Flexible/remote work arrangements
LendKey is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law. LendKey offers reasonable accommodations to candidates with physical or mental disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process due to a disability, please let us know at HR@lendkey.com.
If you are a Colorado state resident, please email HR@lendkey.com to receive compensation information for this role. Please be sure to include this posting’s job title in the subject line of the email to help ensure a timely response. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This information is provided in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay Act. It is specific to Colorado and may not be applicable to other locations.
LendKey delivers high quality consumer loans directly to financial institutions through its digital lending-as-a-service model and indirectly through ALIRO by LendKey, an innovative deal network designed to enable financial institutions to buy, sell and broker loans. The platform delivers the technology, servicing, and support that financial institutions need to establish a strong digital lending presence, acquire loans for their balance sheets, and build lifetime relationships with their partners and customers. Lenders optimize their offerings by drawing upon LendKey’s fintech platform for demand generation, online decisioning, loan origination, loan servicing, compliance expertise, risk analytics, and proprietary balance sheet options. LendKey currently services more than $2 billion in loans and has helped community-capital providers deploy over $4.5 billion in loans since 2009. Visit LendKey for more information.