At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The Agile Business Analyst (ABA) will work with the Asurint Digital Team and serve as the liaison between technology and the business. The ABA will analyze the needs of the business and translate those needs into user stories and requirements for the development team. This position will sit within the Managed Services Team and requires the combination of expertise in system engineering with subject matter expertise in background screening and system processes to create the best possible solutions within the Asurint platforms.
- Defines & scopes project requirements by identifying high level project milestones divided into phases while working with a stakeholder team.
- Translates needs into deliverable features and improvements by defining epics and user stories
- Supports development team by responding to user stories questions quickly and accurately
- Assists with product grooming sessions, calls appropriate ad-hoc product design sessions, coordinates with lead developer and team on estimation sessions, summarizes work in demos, and participates in retrospectives.
- Provides complex analysis and problem solving on software development business challenges
- Solves customer support issues
- Talks to customers, participates in brainstorming with the team & clarifies options
- Partners with user experience designers, as needed.
- Identify and track the metrics that are important to the features of the system.
- Understand where parts of the existing solution apply to new customers and how current functionality can be expanded to solve new problems while keeping minimal viable product (MVP) in mind while defining requirements.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience developing User Stories in an Agile environment
- Experience with the legal/court system is preferred.
- Experience with background screening is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, CRM, etc. is preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field experience is required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Years of relevant experience: 5- 10 years is preferred.
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Open Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an EEOC Employer