WESTSIDE IS LOOKING FOR MEDICAL RECORDS / HEALTH INFORMATION SPECIALISTS!
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
JOIN A CARING, DEDICATED TEAM WHO HELPS PATIENTS AND FAMILIES GAIN ACCESS TO HEALTHCARE, AND NAVIGATE COMMUNITY SERVICES AND RESOURCES.
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Health Information Management (HIM) Specialist/Medical Records Specialist gathers, processes, and maintains patient medical records in compliance with ethical, legal, and HIPAA confidentiality regulations.
WORKING AT WESTSIDE MEANS WORKING IN A PRIMARY CARE MEDICAL HOME.
A Primary Care Medical Home is not a special building. It is a way to provide healthcare that puts the patient at the center of health care decision-making. As a community health center, Westside Family Healthcare provides care for everyone who walks through our doors, regardless of ability to pay, immigration or citizenship status, national origin, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Collect, sort, and distribute paper mail within the office.
- Evaluate and process incoming documents for provider review and scan into the electronic medical records (EMR) system in accordance with Westside Family Healthcare HIM Department policies.
- Evaluate, log, and distribute incoming patient medical forms needing provider completion; assist with form completion when appropriate as outlined in HIM department protocols.
- On a daily basis, collect paper medical documents from designated areas within the office sort and scan them into the EMR.
- After scanning, maintain paper medical records for 1 month in a secured office location, protecting them from unauthorized disclosure in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Monitor Medical Records site pool inbox on a daily basis and handle requests appropriately.
- Obtain patient medical records needed for the management of patient care.
- Send requests to HIM Supervisor to retrieve paper medical records from off-site archives as necessary.
- Process release of information (ROI) requests needed for patient continuity of care in accordance with Westside Family Healthcare policies and HIPAA regulations.
- Actively participate in PCMH team Quality Improvement activities.
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous experience using computers and programs, including Microsoft Office
- Six months of medical office support training or experience.
- Some knowledge of HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to travel between work sites as requested