Artisan Design Group – or ADG – is a leading supply chain partner to homebuilders throughout the United States. Over 3,000 ADG employees operating out of 135 facilities in 25 states provide a full range of design, procurement and installation services along with products from the top manufacturers of flooring, cabinets and countertops. Formed in 2016 by the merging of two industry leaders, ADG then acquired over 20 additional companies – each a leader in the geography it serves. We are the premier interior finishings organization in the United States. Our expansive trajectory has been rapid, and we continue to experience explosive growth, thanks to our dedication to high quality work.
We are currently seeking an exceptional professional to fill the role of Network Engineer. This role will be responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining new and existing networks and infrastructure. Candidate will be a member of our core engineering team with opportunities for career advancement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Configure and Deploy SD-WAN devices and access layer switches
- Configure and implement Microsoft Teams VOIP Phone system
- Suggest new ideas and solutions to problems
- Maintain and constantly improve existing Networks
- determine bottleneck in the current Networks and suggest solutions to problems.
- Determine issues with business Internet connectivity, WAN technologies, remote access, and VPN configuration.
- Participate in security management
- Use diagnostic tools to determine deficiencies
- Suggest and oversee improvement processes
- Stay up to date with latest technology and best practices
- Attend webinars and conferences
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Must document systems, processes, and procedures.
- Communicate and demonstrate techniques while cross- training other employees on various applications and hardware.
- Maintain clean work environment
- Procurement of network hardware and replacement devices
- Track shipments and warranty service request
- Consistently and accurately use the ticketing and Purchasing system to enter, track and close all client transactions.
- Maintain the privacy of all client data
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or related field
- 4+ years of experience as a Network Engineer or similar role
- Very good understanding and knowledge of networking and application-level operations
- Ability to quickly diagnose issues and suggest solutions
- Cisco Certification highly desirable
- Experience with and knowledge of Cisco IOS operating system
- Experience with SD-WAN solutions
- Experience in routing and switching with industry standards (Cisco, Velo, Meraki, Sonic Wall, FortiGate, etc.)
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for long periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for long periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.