Qualifications and Education:
This position requires an individual with a broad base of strong, well-refined leadership skills and experience. The person in this position needs the requisite skills to operate a highly specialized housing organization in a marketplace that is extremely financially tight. These skills to include executive level finance skills, fine-tuned communication skills, exceptional relationship building skills, extensive experience in supervision and human resource matters, and a strong background in housing services and continuous development. Similarly, the person in this position needs to have a sincere commitment to the mission of the organization. A Master’s Degree or at least five years of administrative experience is required. Quality, real world experience is invaluable and an extensive career of ten years or more at an executive level could be a substitute for the formal education requirement. This position requires a valid driver’s license and dependable transportation as well as the ability to accommodate regular overnight travel. The person in this role must pass and maintain Minnesota Background Study clearance.
• Passion for providing opportunities to obtain and maintain permanent housing solutions for those who need it
• Ability to build strong relationships with funders, development team members, and policy makers
• Ability to strategize on creative ways to achieve more funding opportunities outside of developer fees
• Critical thinking skills to develop contingency planning strategies for the future
• Ability to read, analyze, and complete documentation required by government agencies and communicate through speaking,
listening and writing effectively with residents and outside agencies
• Must be a visionary
• Model effective and respectful leadership behavior
• Proficient communicator through personal communication and public speaking
• Proficient in all aspects of accounting and financial analysis including for organizational finances and project development
• Ability to perform basic mathematical functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and calculating percentages
• Demonstrated competency using computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel as well as ability to learn new systems
• Self-motivation and the ability to work independently including prioritizing job duties
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Skill in establishing and maintaining positive relationships with diverse residents, applicants, and staff
• Regular attendance, reliability and punctuality
• Available to respond to occasional organizational emergencies, and willing to be on call 24/7
• Sensitivity and effectiveness when dealing with people from diverse backgrounds and with special needs
Excellent health insurance, along with free dental, life, ADD, and long-term disability insurance, paid vacation, sick, and holiday time.
When applying, please include cover letter and references.
Center City Housing Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. CCHC will not discriminate with respect to hiring, promotion, termination, compensation or any other term or condition of employment on the basis of color, creed, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual preference or any other basis deemed illegal.