Essentia is seeking an experienced Project Manager with extensive knowledge of the design and deployment of Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) greenfield networks. This role be responsible for managing multiple projects for a variety of customers throughout the United States. Ideal candidates have experience working in high-growth environments.
The Successful Candidate Will Have…
- 5+ years of experience in managing the design and permitting of large fiber networks, including FTTH, utilizing a diverse set of technologies and vendors.
- Experience managing multiple engineering projects simultaneously with responsibility for all aspects of the project from award to closeout.
- Knowledge of telecommunications network design, including industry practices, policies, programs, and standards.
- Experience with GIS-based mapping systems, including ESRI and Google Earth.
- Familiarity working with AutoCAD, ADTRAN, and Calix equipment.
- Organizational skills to manage multiple priorities at one time while meeting deadlines.
- Outstanding communication (both written and verbal) and customer service skills.
- Advanced knowledge of project management.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or Math).
What You’ll Be Doing
- Managing multiple complex projects, especially FTTH, for a wide variety of customers throughout the United States.
- Managing all internal resources and external vendors necessary for cost effective and timely completion of all projects
- Ensuring that all projects are completed according to the contract documents within budget and on schedule.
- Leading internal and external deployment meetings, identify project roadblocks, and implement changes as necessary to ensure timely project completion
- Meeting deadlines, tracking activities, and managing time in accordance with priorities.
- Manage the engineering process from project award through permit closeout and as-built submittal.
- Effectively communicate any obstacles that may impact budget or schedule to senior management and customers
Why You Should Apply
As a leader in communications, Essentia values its relationship with its team members. A healthy work-life balance is top priority to retain the best ‘A’ players in the game. That’s why Essentia offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- UHC medical plans
- Dental and Vision
- 401k with company match and automatic enrollment
- Company paid guaranteed Basic Life Insurance and AD&D with optional voluntary life insurance for yourself, your spouse, and your dependents
- Shared premiums for Short Term Disability (STD)
- Pet Insurance discount
- 8 paid holidays and 15 days PTO to start
- Career development tuition reimbursement
- Service and spot awards plus candidate referral rewards
- A fun, collaborative environment with virtual and in-person social events
- We’re growing at a rapid pace with a proven strategy and solid track record.
- Our team members have the autonomy and support to deliver solutions that delight our clients.
- Our culture is values-based, with a tightknit, collaborative team that’s in it to win it.
- We’re passionate about what we do and are driven by a purpose larger than ourselves: to connect everyone, everywhere to a better way of life.
- We’ve been recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work; Best NC Employer; NC Mid-Market Fast 40; Inc 5000; Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Company in The America’s 2022, among other honors.
Essentia’s vision is to be most admired for our trustworthiness as a business partner and employer, while achieving industry-leading results for our clients. To achieve this, we have adopted four core values that guide our decisions and actions in all we do and set us apart from our competitors.
- INNOVATION - We see abundant possibilities and few limitations
- COLLABORATION - We believe the power is in “we” not “I”
- IMPACT - We work and live to make a difference
- JUDGMENT - We think first then act smart
We are looking to fill this role as soon as we find the candidate who meets or exceeds our expectations. Interviews will be conducted virtually, with the potential of in-person interviews for local candidates, pre-employment cognitive and personality assessments, a background screening, and drug test. We offer an industry competitive compensation package that looks to reward candidates based on their experience and skills as they pertain to the role’s requirements.
Essentia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and will not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, color, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected category. Essentia also participates in the federal eVerify program.