This position will be a full-time in office position.
Who We Are
Here at Interplan, our vision is to create space that celebrates Humanity.
We are on a Mission to be Present with our employees, partners, and clients so that we can deliver a relevant experience and quality drawings. To accomplish this mission, we provide Creativity, Clarity, and Consistency through single-sourced architecture, engineering, and permitting services. How we interact as a team matters, the services that we provide and the way we provide them matters. This is why we were just named as a Top 2022 Architecture and Engineering firm by the Commercial Construction and Renovation Magazine!
We recognize that the more we develop and empower our team, the better we deliver the best possible experience to our clients. And that just makes work feel a little more fun and rewarding for everyone.
It’s our mission to bring the human element to everything we do. We continually cultivate a culture where our clients and employees feel that we care for them, their careers, and their projects and that we will do everything in our power to help them succeed with joy!
What We’re Hiring For
Interplan is a commercial architectural firm founded 50 years ago, specializing in restaurant and retail design work with large nationwide clients. The company has offices in Chicago, Fort Worth, and Orlando. Our Orlando office is growing and we are looking for an Interior Design Project Manager to join the team! Some of the duties of this position include:
- Conduct site visits to develop scope of work, document existing conditions, and ensure standards and schedules are met based on client needs.
- Communicate scope of work to design team and assist in leading overall design.
- Leadership capability to manage others.
- Construction administration (submittals, RFI’s, client/general contractor conference calls, etc.)
- Maintain client relationships.
- Analyze and guide space and design planning for implementation of interior design strategies.
- Manage design calendars and arrange meetings.
- Collaborating with entire team in the design conceptualization and design development phases through hand sketches, AutoCAD, and SketchUp.
- Assisting design team with space planning and furniture layouts, incorporating accessibility requirements.
- Review/quality control of ID drawings, FF&E specifications, design presentations, etc.
- Implementation of client brand standards and design guidelines to design team.
- Develop preliminary budgets for individual projects based on client input.
- Assist architectural staff with any and all design or administration tasks that may arise.
- Maintain excellent communication with senior designer(s) to ensure that all designs and design team are in alignment.
- Organize and maintain library. Communication with sales representatives is a requirement.
We are looking for someone to grow with the company and have a path of development to support all candidates.
Qualifications & Prior Experience
- 5-7 years of experience in the restaurant and/or hospitality interior design industry, as well as experience in a construction management and/or an administration position
- Bachelor’s Degree in design related field, including but not limited to; Architecture, Design, or Interior Design required
- NCIDQ, IIDA, ASID, LEED certification is a plus
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Suite (Office, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as managing the design team while maintaining multiple projects
Compensation & Benefits
- Open and collaborative work environment
- Continuing Education and Professional Development
- Active employee lead activities committee
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability and employer paid Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Flex Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health and Wellness Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k with Employer Match, Financial Advisor for employees on ongoing Financial Wellness Education
- Performance based Bonus Program