This position will be a full-time in office position.
Who We Are
Here at Interplan, our vision is to create space that celebrates Humanity.
We are on a Mission to be Present with our employees, partners, and clients so that we can deliver a relevant experience and quality drawings. To accomplish this mission, we provide Creativity, Clarity, and Consistency through single-sourced architecture, engineering, and permitting services. How we interact as a team matters, the services that we provide and the way we provide them matters. This is why we were just named as a Top 2022 Architecture and Engineering firm by the Commercial Construction and Renovation Magazine!
We recognize that the more we develop and empower our team, the better we deliver the best possible experience to our clients. And that just makes work feel a little more fun and rewarding for everyone.
It’s our mission to bring the human element to everything we do. We continually cultivate a culture where our clients and employees feel that we care for them, their careers, and their projects and that we will do everything in our power to help them succeed with joy!
What We’re Hiring For
Interplan is a commercial architectural firm founded 50 years ago, specializing in restaurant and retail design work with large nationwide clients. The company has offices in Chicago, Fort Worth, and Orlando. Our Orlando office is growing and we are looking for a Civil Project Engineer/Designer to join the team! Some of the duties of this position include:
- Demonstrate the ability to design all above and underground utility systems including: water, sanitary sewer gravity systems, storm water collection systems, gas, electric and telephone
- Perform grading design for projects with input from upper level Project Coordinator(s) or Project Manager(s)
- Provide coordination with Permitting Department staff in responding to agency comments and resubmittals to those agencies. Final input still required from upper level Project Coordinator(s) or Project Manager(s)
- Coordinates with other company departments to incorporate necessary information into project documents
- Receives project information from upper level Project Coordinator(s) or Project Manager(s) or client for use in project drawing
- Assist in construction administration including shop drawing review and response to requests for information
- Works with upper level Project Coordinator(s) or Project Manager(s) to provide appropriate level of customer service based on client needs
- Demonstrates ability to work on several projects at a time while maintaining project schedule
- Responsible for the quality of the drawings being produced
- Ability to move out of an AutoCAD role and into a pure production and design role
We are looking for someone to grow with the company and have a path of development to support all candidates.
Qualifications & Prior Experience
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering is required
- 2-4 years of design experience
- A demonstrated ability in design of all underground utility systems and advanced grading design required
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal are required
- Confident presentation skills for public hearings as required
- Ability to travel as needed
Compensation & Benefits
- Open and collaborative work environment
- Continuing Education and Professional Development
- Lunch & Learn Seminars
- Active employee lead activities committee
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability and employer paid Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Flex Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health and Wellness Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k with Employer Match, Financial Advisor for employees on ongoing Financial Wellness Education
- Performance based Bonus Program