This position will be a full-time in office position.
Who We Are
Here at Interplan, our vision is to create space that celebrates Humanity.
We are on a Mission to be Present with our employees, partners, and clients so that we can deliver a relevant experience and quality drawings. To accomplish this mission, we provide Creativity, Clarity, and Consistency through single-sourced architecture, engineering, and permitting services. How we interact as a team matters, the services that we provide and the way we provide them matters. This is why we were just named as a Top 2022 Architecture and Engineering firm by the Commercial Construction and Renovation Magazine!
We recognize that the more we develop and empower our team, the better we deliver the best possible experience to our clients. And that just makes work feel a little more fun and rewarding for everyone.
It’s our mission to bring the human element to everything we do. We continually cultivate a culture where our clients and employees feel that we care for them, their careers, and their projects and that we will do everything in our power to help them succeed with joy!
What We’re Hiring For
Interplan is a commercial architectural firm founded 50 years ago, specializing in restaurant and retail design work with large nationwide clients. The company has offices in Chicago, Fort Worth, and Orlando. Our Orlando office is growing and we are looking for an entry level Electrical Designer to join the team! Some of the duties of this position include:
- Be able to do building electrical load calculation
- Design applicable lighting system
- Emergency lighting and egress systems
- Life — Safety building requirements
- Fire alarm, smoke detector and strobe/alarm design
- Equipment and Systems specifications
- Knowledge/understanding of electrical building codes and NEC
- Responsible to permit comments
- Review shop drawing submittals
- Site lighting photometrics
- Do basic circuiting and create panel schedules
- Calculation of connected and demand loads
- Position requires ability to run loads and the ability to produce power and lighting code calculations
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for someone to grow with the company and have a path of development to support all candidates.
Qualifications & Prior Experience
- 0-2 years in the design of building electrical systems
- Basic knowledge of electrical and mechanical materials and systems and their application
- Awareness of NEC codes and application to specific design
- Experience with power systems, lighting systems, and building control systems
- Strong communication skills required
Compensation & Benefits
- Open and collaborative work environment
- Continuing Education and Professional Development
- Lunch & Learn Seminars
- Active employee lead activities committee
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability and employer paid Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Flex Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health and Wellness Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k with Employer Match, Financial Advisor for employees on ongoing Financial Wellness Education
- Performance based Bonus Program