This position will be a full-time in office position.
Who We Are
Here at Interplan, our vision is to create space that celebrates Humanity.
We are on a Mission to be Present with our employees, partners, and clients so that we can deliver a relevant experience and quality drawings. To accomplish this mission, we provide Creativity, Clarity, and Consistency through single-sourced architecture, engineering, and permitting services. How we interact as a team matters, the services that we provide and the way we provide them matters.
We recognize that the more we develop and empower our team, the better we deliver the best possible experience to our clients. And that just makes work feel a little more fun and rewarding for everyone.
It’s our mission to bring the human element to everything we do. We continually cultivate a culture where our clients and employees feel that we care for them, their careers, and their projects and that we will do everything in our power to help them succeed with joy!
What We’re Hiring For
Interplan is a commercial architectural firm founded 50 years ago, specializing in restaurant and retail design work with large nationwide clients. The company has offices in Chicago, Fort Worth, and Orlando. Our Orlando office is growing and we are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join the team! Some of the duties of this position include:
- Provide building heating/cooling load calculations and select heating/cooling systems for large more complex building designs.
- Coordinate Exhaust Hood designs and Exhaust/make-up air systems with equipment Venders.
- Develop Building Sequence of Operations and develop HVAC Control packages.
- Be able to write and Review Book Specifications.
- Responsible for permit comments.
- Must be knowledgeable with IMC, IPC, NFPA and ASHRAE codes. NEC a plus.
- Able to review mechanical and plumbing shop drawing submittals.
- Provide Senor level QC review of Junior engineer’s work.
- Also love to teach and guide young engineers.
- Other duties as assigned
We are looking for someone to grow with the company and have a path of development to support all candidates.
Qualifications & Prior Experience
- 7-15 years of experience in the design of building HVAC systems
- Knowledge/understanding of mechanical building codes
- In-depth knowledge of heating and cooling load calculations, mechanical materials, ductwork designs, cooling systems and their application
- Experience with package DX systems, chilled water, and variable air systems
- Ability to run heating/cooling loads with Carrier and/or Trane programs is a must.
- Ability to produce ComCheck energy code calculations required. T-24 is a plus.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2000 or later to produce construction documents in accordance with Interplan standards required. Revit is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
- Open and collaborative work environment
- Continuing Education and Professional Development
- Lunch & Learn Seminars
- Active employee lead activities committee
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability and employer paid Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Flex Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health and Wellness Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k with Employer Match, Financial Advisor for employees on ongoing Financial Wellness Education
- Performance based Bonus Program