Fairstead is a vertically integrated real estate company specializing in affordable and mixed-income housing. Since 2014, Fairstead has acquired and/or developed more than $4 Billion of multifamily property across the country, and today owns a portfolio of 16,500 apartments in 18 states. The company’s comprehensive platform provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design and construction, energy and sustainability, property management and social services.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values
Fairstead is now seeking a Sr Resident Impact & Relocation Manager in a growth opportunity to oversee the resident coordination for occupied rehabilitation development projects. This position provides support to the Design Build and Construction Management groups throughout the construction process. A strong applicant will exhibit a natural drive and a self-starter mentality to both implement and execute resident impact and relocation plans as well as mentoring multiple Resident Impact Coordinators.
- Analyze key factors of Construction scope, site conditions, resident characteristics to determine the appropriate method of resident relocation during a rehab
- Create phasing plans outlining the logistics, schedule, and key milestones of construction as it relates to resident impact
- Create Resident Impact or Resident Relocation Plans detailing the following:
- Specific needs of each household
- Milestone dates for resident communications
- Transfers or temporary relocation locations for each household
- Existing unit conditions and requirements
- Required construction start and completion dates per unit
- Design and implement relocation plans to meet construction schedules and expectations with minimal impact to residents
- Establish expectations and implement processes to improve resident hospitality during construction
- Interview, hire and mentor site specific or traveling resident relocation coordinators to carry out the daily communications and responsibilities of resident relocation
- Create and manage relocation budgets
- Coordinate between the Design and Construction, Property Management and Development teams to ensure schedule, budgetary, and compliance goals are met
- Bid out and procure services for various relocation requirements including hotels, moving companies, exterminators, etc.
- Provide support for Project Managers, Construction Managers, and Resident Impact Coordinators in the daily operations of resident relocation across a national project portfolio
- Periodically travel out of state to projects across the portfolio to provide training and support
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Basic knowledge of Property Management and Compliance Requirements
· Basic understanding of construction rehabilitation process
· Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
· Exceptional communications skills (written and verbal) and intuitive interpersonal skills
· A highly entrepreneurial, self-motivated and results-oriented individual.
· Strong time management skills, adaptable with ability to manage multiple priorities & meet deadlines, and keen attention to detail.
· BS OR MS Degree