A career at Galloway provides a unique opportunity to work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment. Our Full-Spectrum Approach™ to land development services offers all key design disciplines within one company, providing our team with a deeper understanding and appreciation for all aspects of the development process. From survey to land planning, civil engineering and comprehensive architectural design, our team brings a multidisciplinary mindset to every project. We enjoy daily interaction and coordination among our internal teams, which allows us to build relationships and understand project approaches across disciplines.
“Positivity,” “community” and “collaboration” are a few of the most commonly used words to describe Galloway in our employee surveys, and we think those words truly describe the attributes of our team. We continually strive to provide an exceptional environment that fosters our purpose of “enriching people’s passions.” We are honored to be repeatedly recognized through numerous awards that include Top Workplace USA 2021 and 2022; Denver Post Top Workplace 2018 – 2022; Denver Business Journal Best Place to Work 2019 – 2022, Zweig Group Top Firm to Work For 2020 – 2022, and Zweig Group Hot Firm 2021.
We offer flexible work hours, a friendly and family-focused work environment, exciting projects, excellent compensation including cash bonuses, education assistance, and a complete package of benefits. We also believe in giving back to our community through numerous outreach events and volunteer activities.
About the Position
We are currently seeking a Structural Design Engineer to add to our team in Denver, CO. This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled and passionate self-starter to work directly with local and national projects. The Structural Design Engineer assists the structural design team in developing structural designs including both systems and components for a variety of building and non-building structures.
- Performs routine aspects of structural engineering assignments under the supervision of the Structural Engineer.
- Using Autodesk Revit Structure, prepares models for building structures and structural components under the supervision of the Structural Engineer.
- Assists the Structural Engineer in preparation of design calculations for building and non-building structures using different structural systems and materials.
- Participates in peer review process including review of designs and calculations prepared by the Structural Engineer.
- Coordinates project assignments with those of other engineers and technicians.
- Reviews submittals supplied by vendors, clients, engineers, architects, and contractors.
- Research building code issues.
- Reviews construction documents.
- Performs onsite construction observation and prepares observation reports.
- May assist project engineers and/or project managers.
- Bachelor’s in Structural Engineering or Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering with a Structural Engineering emphasis; commensurate training and experience may be substituted for degree.
- Possesses Engineering Intern certification.
- Typically, 1 to 4 years’ experience.
- Possesses a general knowledge of the principles and practices of structural/civil engineering and architecture.
- Strong ability in Autodesk Revit Structure and AutoCAD.
- Possesses an understanding of concepts and processes associated with Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Understands and possesses a general knowledge of building codes and standards.
- Works well with CAD technicians for the preparation of design documents.
- Possesses good organizational skills.
- Is able to understand interdisciplinary issues.
- Communicates in a timely and effective manner within the team and with other disciplines working on the project.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience with and knowledge of structural design software including frame analysis software (RISA 3D, RAM Elements, etc.)
- Works independently while in a team environment.
- Has a positive and professional attitude.
- Is able to work on multiple tasks or projects.
- Handles high levels of stress well, especially regarding deadlines.
The estimated starting salary pay range for this role is $64,000-$78,000
Health & Wellness
- Health Insurance – We offer comprehensive health-care benefits for individuals and families through Cigna Health Insurance, with the choice of two plan options.
- Dental Insurance – We cover 100% of the monthly dental insurance premium for a staff member and 50% of the premium for their family.
- Vision Insurance – We cover 100% of the monthly vision insurance premium for a staff member (family members can be added on for dollars a month).
- Hearing Aids are covered at deductible/co-insurance for in-network plans.
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement – Galloway-supported assistance in offsetting costs of high-deductible healthcare plan option.
- Short and Long-Term Disability – We cover 100% of the long-term and short-term disability premium.
- Life Insurance – We cover 100% of the premium for a life insurance policy that is equal to the annual salary.
- Employee Assistance Program – Confidential guidance and resources for employees and immediate family members. Galloway covers 100% at no charge for the employee.
- ThrivePass Wellness Savings Account – Company-provided funds can be used for a wide variety of personal health and fitness-related reimbursements.
- Flex Spending Account
- Pay For Performance Bonuses
- 401(K) Plan – Additionally, we contribute a profit-sharing bonus to each individual’s plan, based on total compensation.
- Tuition Assistance
- Flexible Work Schedule - Includes opportunity to flex extra hours worked.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 8 Paid Holidays Per Year
- 8 Paid Volunteer Hours Every Year
- Identity Theft Protection – We cover 100% of the monthly premium for the employee and family plans can be added for dollars a month.
- Anniversary Bonus Program Starts at 5 Years
Growth & Mentorship
- Structured Mentorship Program
- Annual Growth/Performance Reviews
- Diversity Groups – Check out the “About” section on our website to learn more about our diversity initiatives!
Galloway & Company, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.