Fairstead is a vertically integrated real estate company specializing in affordable and mixed-income housing. Since 2014, Fairstead has acquired and/or developed more than $4 Billion of multifamily property across the country, and today owns a portfolio of 16,500 apartments in 18 states. The company’s comprehensive platform provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design and construction, energy and sustainability, property management and social services.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
· Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
· Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
· Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values
Fairstead is now seeking a Project Coordinator to work closely with our project managers and vendors on launching and monitoring our diverse construction portfolio.
In this role you will:
• Oversee the coordination of construction project from start to finish; working with the compliance group and project manager(s) to ensure key milestones are met.
• Manage insurance onboarding for contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers. i.e., request insurance policies, certificates of insurance, and endorsement. Maintain tracking and coordination of corresponding reviews.
• Draft, finalize and maintain log of contract for all projects involved in.
• Assist with managing budgets, tracking expenses, and minimizing exposure to risk
• Assist with monitoring progress of construction activities and coordinate regular status meetings
• Develop effective communication and mechanisms for resolving conflicts
• Enter, track and maintain RFIs and submittals
• Track all permits and plan expediting.
• Prepare and maintain meeting minutes for all meetings
• Assist project team(s) with project site office setup
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management or real estate related field, preferred
• 3-5 years’ experience in project coordination at a construction firm or developer
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment and have excellent attention to detail
• Experience with MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Experience with MS Project, Procore (or equivalent).
• Experience dealing with municipalities and local governments a plus
• Comprehend project plan drawings
• Knowledge of OSHA practices
• Knowledge of Prevailing Wage, preferred
• Notary, preferred
• Travel may be required