United Way of Connecticut is based in Rocky Hill, Connecticut. We are conveniently situated right off of I-91, and are close to many shopping plazas, restaurants and public transit.
Every hour of every day, people in Connecticut turn to United Way of Connecticut for assistance. Our Child Care Services team helps parents and caregivers find and access quality child care.
This team needs a self-starting Business Solutions Manager to support program operations and oversee the business analysis team, which is responsible for product delivery and overall data accountability.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Works with cross-functional teams to investigate, capture, analyze and document detailed business and user requirements. Develops detailed understanding of business processes and application software.
- Is accountable for engaging internal business stakeholders, defining the business objectives of project requests and proposing solutions to meet the business needs.
- Facilitates user acceptance testing and/or test coordination with business partners.
- Acts as the interface between the business unit and appropriate technology teams.
- Monitors and provides support for deployment of software enhancements and Change Releases (CR).
- Clearly documents business requirements and communicates them with the teams and stakeholders.
- Oversees the management of JIRA tickets for the department.
- Monitors data quality control for business analyst team, administrative services and designated business units.
- Conducts data analysis and projection data modeling and prepares requested reports.
- Coordinates and develops documentation for users to describe the installation and operating procedures for computer programs. Evaluates the effectiveness of current systems, identifies needed improvements, and recommends solutions.
- Trains new staff on unit procedures and protocols; identifies training needs of designated units; provides staff development opportunities; and evaluates performance.
- Oversees requirements and ensures on time generation and delivery of federally requires reports including but not limited to IRS liens, 1099 QA reissue payments and generation; and mass notice generation.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (Full-Time)
Compensation: $70,000 per year
- An outright 8% 401(k) contribution (approximately $5,600 annually).
- 20 days of Paid Time Off in a calendar year – you begin accruing immediately!
- 10 paid holidays per year.
- Generous health benefits including 80% coverage of your medical plan premium and deductible.
- Tuition reimbursement (after 1 year).
This position is Job Grade 17.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, information systems/technology, computer science or related field preferred one years’ experience (preferred), or Associate’s degree in business administration, information systems/technology, computer science or related field degree and three years’ experience required.
- Ability to provide direction and support to team.
- Ability to effectively interface with technical and non-technical staff at all organizational levels.
- High organizational skills. Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- High Proficiency with MS Excel required.
- Experience in writing procedures and user documentation required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Required to work outside regular office hours including nights and weekends. Adhere to specified emergency response times.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in day-to-day duties.
- Solid written and verbal communication, listening, organization and priority setting skills.
- Strong customer focus in all tasks and activities, even while under pressure.
- Solid problem solving skills through analysis and on-going feedback.
- Ability to work and produce in a team environment.
- Ability to relate well with people from diverse groups.
- Ability to perform job with integrity and values consistent with the UWC Mission.
THE APPLICATION DEADLINE IS July 3, 2019
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, United Way of Connecticut, Inc. desires priority referrals of protected veterans for positions at its location at 1344 Silas Deane Hwy, Rocky Hill, CT 06067. Any questions may be referred to Recruitment@ctunitedway.org.
United Way of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.