Precision LOD Welder * Manufacturing Experience A Plus*
Shifts: 1st, Swing
MDC Precision is a world leader in delivering high-quality products to the research, semiconductor, aerospace, life sciences, and food processing sectors.
Our customers rely on us to provide the precision components that are required for the operation at the atomic scale. We enable innovation by bringing our expertise in vacuum science, ultrapure and ultra-hygienic materials fabrication, ceramic-to-metal sealing along with our design and manufacturing partnerships- all to enable science to change the world for the better.
As we celebrate our 45th year anniversary, we want to grow our talented team to help us expand our capabilities to develop the tools and technologies that enable science to change the world. If you share our passion for developing innovative technology solutions that make a positive global impact, we would love to speak with you! Browse our currently available job positions and join Team MDC! We look forward to working together!
MDC provides a wide range of competitive rewards and benefits to promote health, well-being, and financial security for our employees and their families including:
Health & Wellness – Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance, and wellness plans
Insurance Protection – Life and disability insurance are available for additional security and peace of mind
Financial & Savings – Competitive compensation, performance bonuses flexible spending accounts (FSA) and comprehensive 401K retirement plans to compensate our employees for their contributions help them plan, invest and build financial security
Paid Holidays & Vacations, Flexible Schedules – Paid time-off and flexible schedules to help our people relax, recharge and achieve work-life balance
Employee Recognition Programs – Recognition and rewards for our valued team’s hard work, celebrations of professional and personal achievements, and milestones'
At least 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. More experience big PLUS!
Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprint, and procedure manuals
Able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry, and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
Functions & Responsibilities:
TIG Welding / Fabrication of custom chambers and/or components using customer-supplied drawings and/or blueprints while holding tolerances of +/-.010 and/or .5% angular.
Perform orbital welding of tubing and components
Set up and calibrate power supply with the correct welding program.
Set up gas mixing equipment
Creates and logs weld coupons
Must be able to meet or exceed the requirement of the project through manual fabrication such as port alignment, scribing, cutting/copying, tacking, tuning, and welding while maintaining angular tolerances of +/- ½ %, focal lengths, and target points of +/- .010; closely collaborate with machinists throughout the manufacturing process for each phase of the project.
Must be familiar with metallurgy, primarily stainless steel.
Must know the proper weld settings for welding various materials along with filler rod selection.
Must have a solid knowledge of GD&T.
Must be able to produce vacuum-tight welds in hard-to-reach areas of chambers.
Ability and understanding of how to identify the proper order of operations (identifying the main datum point/sequence of hole penetration)
Ability to locate the ports in regards to the target point, angle, and/or focal length
Ability and understanding of how to set up and use target point fixtures
Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to work with team members, and may provide leadership to lower level welders
· Ability to take direction from supervisor.
· Ability to meet or exceed job schedules.
· Must pay close attention to details on blueprints.
· Ability to follow work rules.
Job Type: Full-time