About the Role:
Are you interested in an internship in Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field? We have a variety of opportunities available at Brinkman Construction!
You will be provided opportunities to learn, grow, and gain technical experience in the construction industry while being exposed to new and innovative ideas. Work on challenging projects, network with industry professionals, and learn from a skilled team! The purpose of an internship at Brinkman Construction is to provide students with the opportunity to gain exposure and hands-on experience prior to graduation and beginning their careers in Construction.
Location: Fort Collins or Denver
Position Type & Expected Work Hours: This position is a paid internship. Available to work up to 40 hours/week.
Job Duties & Essential Functions:
- Ability to interact effectively with team members
- Ability to follow the direction of project leads and superintendents
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and professionalism in the workplace
- Share opinions and ask questions relevant to the work and/or study program
- Participate in field activities to gain exposure to craft positions
- Support preconstruction and estimating efforts and assist with fostering solutions
- Support and Maintain a Zero Accident Safety Culture by following all safety policies and procedures and actively contributing to a safe working environment
- Maintain good attendance and perform other related duties as assigned
- Enrolled in an accredited university or college program at the undergraduate (preferably at the Junior level or higher) or graduate level preferred
- Goal-oriented individual with a strong desire to learn
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office proficiency
- Previous internship or work experience is preferred but not required
Estimated Pay: Minimum of $18 per hour and commensurate on technical skills, experience, and education level.
Brinkman Construction is committed to finding top talent from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, to provide broad and inclusive decision-making for future success.
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons. Brinkman Construction also makes internal equity a consideration in all pay decisions.
About Our Company:
With offices in both Fort Collins and Denver, Brinkman Construction is a 100% employee-owned company with projects spanning the entire Front Range. Since our founding in 2005, we have been the recipient of industry accolades such as Best Commercial Builder Runner-Up, Small Business of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year, Bravo Emerging Entrepreneur, Best Start-Up Company of the Year, and innumerable project-based awards, including Best Adaptive Reuse Project for The Exchange and Best Building Project for the Eating Recovery Center.
Our Core Values:
At Brinkman Construction, we’re Driven to Build, and our core values are the cornerstone of our success. They shape our culture, define our character, inform our vision, and empower us to deliver on our mission.
Honest and Ethical
We are committed to attracting creative, collaborative construction professionals who exemplify our core values, our culture and are empowered to contribute to - and benefit from - the growth and success of the organization.
Our Value Proposition:
Brinkman Construction provides an in-depth learning opportunity for interns leading up to their graduation along with eligibility for our 401(k)-retirement program including matching contributions up to 4% after three months of internship employment.
We always strive to deliver on our commitment to making a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play through our Volunteer Time Off program.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please note that Brinkman Construction does not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles from recruiters or employment agencies without a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement in place. In the absence of such an agreement, Brinkman explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire any candidate presented, without any financial obligation for recruiter commission or referral compensation. Any unsolicited resumes and/or candidate profiles presented by recruiters or employment agencies – including those presented directly to hiring managers – are deemed to be the property of Brinkman Construction.