Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, the Assistant Director of Leadership Annual Giving provides leadership and direction for the design, implementation, and coordination of the Diamond Century Club – The Association of Former Students’ leadership annual giving program for raising Annual Fund gifts of $1,000 or more. This position will focus on identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding Diamond Century Club gifts to support Texas A&M University and The Association of Former Students.
Please note that when applying for an opportunity, the application will need to be completed in its entirety all at once. You will not be able to save your information and return to complete your application.
DUTIES Raises Annual Fund support for The Association of Former Students.
- Assist in the development and execution of an annual fundraising plan in collaboration with the Director of Annual Giving and Coordinator of Annual Giving to increase contributions to the Diamond Century Club.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of prospects. Identify, cultivate and solicit potential donors for Diamond Century Club gifts.
- Utilize donor software to identify new prospects and perform regular portfolio maintenance.
- Assess and expand portfolio by building relationships, identifying new potential candidates, and acting on data and potential donor research.
- Travel frequently to visit with current and prospective Diamond Century Club donors across the state.
- Continue, create, and enhance strong, sustaining relationships with prospects and donors for The Association of Former Students by promoting a positive image of The Association and Texas A&M among its constituents and serve as an advocate.
- Prepare timely interaction notes and other appropriate progress reports and maintain accurate records of donor activity in donor database.
- Work closely with the Director of Annual Giving to determine appropriate goals and metrics to measure success of fundraising efforts.
- In collaboration with the Coordinator of Annual Giving, assist with the development and execution of direct mail and electronic solicitations for the Diamond Century Club.
- Develop retention strategies in collaboration with the Coordinator of Stewardship to increase stewardship of existing Diamond Century Club members.
- Plan and direct special events related to the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of Diamond Century Club members, in coordination with Association Events team.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communication teams to promote the Diamond Century Club through print, email, web and social media.
- Work closely with the Fundraising Analyst to develop accurate reporting and ongoing analyses for the Diamond Century Club.
- Assist and coordinate with the Director of Development in identifying prospects for the Endowed Century Club.
- Perform related duties as required.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities, which includes:
- Contributing to efforts to achieve our culture, engagement, and fundraising goals.
- Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participating on internal event and task committees.
- Participating in Association events including, but not limited to, Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party, and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
- Representing The Association as needed at external events.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, engagement, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M.
Occasional other duties as assigned.
Received: Director of Annual Giving.
Required: Bachelor’s degree.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree from Texas A&M University.
Required: Two or more years of professional experience in fundraising, alumni relations, sales/marketing, communications or related field.
Preferred: Five or more years of professional experience in fundraising, alumni relations, sales/marketing, communications or related field.
Required: Ability to operate a keyboard. Frequent use of a computer. Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time in a month during certain periods of times for in-person prospecting, cultivation and stewardship visits.
Required: Working knowledge of standard office equipment.
Required: Ability to work well as a contributing team member in a professional environment requiring a high degree of innovation, accountability and commitment to establishing and achieving individual and team goals.
High degree of self-motivation with a strong desire to inspire and energize others to give to The Association of Former Students in support of Texas A&M and Texas Aggies.
Ability and willingness to adapt to new fundraising ideas and craft appropriate strategies to reach and engage prospects for the Annual Fund.
Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly through in-person visits, phone, e-mail and written communications for building and maintaining positive, long-lasting relationships with constituents across diverse backgrounds.
Excellent time management, organizational and decision-making skills to prioritize work, meet deadlines for simultaneous projects and make decisions using independent judgment.
Strong analytical skills.
Experience with office software applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook or similar programs.
Ability to work some evenings, weekends, and travel periodically required.
Preferred: Experience with Salesforce or other related Customer Relationship Management databases.