An organized, detail oriented, friendly and reliable full-time employee to provide excellent customer service and perform routine office duties in the Travel Program.
Please note that when applying for an opportunity, the application will need to be completed in its entirety all at once. You will not be able to save your information and return to complete your application.
Performs Travel Program activities and specific tasks in support of the Travel Aggies.
- Assists visitors and Association employees with Traveling Aggies trip information, reservations, modifications, cancellations and general inquiries.
- Answers telephone and email inquiries.
- Organizes and performs before- and after-trip duties with responsibility for the comprehensive trip board, data entry, copy, file, fax, and scan accounting related documents.
- Ensures immediate responses are given to phone, mail and email inquiries.
- Cultivates genuine relationships with travelers, potential travelers and tour operators.
- Provides excellent customer service through multiple touch points between pre-booking to post-trip with personal communications to prospective and actual travelers.
- Responsible for managing the RSVPs of the annual Travel Reunion as well as the registration table the night of the event.
- Assists with special events for the Travel Program.
- Serves as Association host and representative on occasional domestic and international trips.
- Works with The Association’s Development team to identify potential donors.
- Promotes The Association’s Endowed Century Club, Century Club, Aggie Ring Scholarship program and capital projects to travelers, and when appropriate, asks for these types of gifts.
Contributes to Former Student Programs events and activities, which includes:
- Provides on-site support for, but not limited to: All-Aggie Tailgates and away game and bowl game activities, Class Reunions, Coach’s Nights, Constituent Network activities, Young Alumni events and meetings and Traveling Aggies Reunion.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities, which includes:
- Contributing to efforts to achieve our culture, engagement, and fundraising goals.
- Providing on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participating on internal event and task committees.
- Participating in Association events including, but not limited to, Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party, and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
- Representing The Association as needed at external events.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association by meeting Team Expectations; supporting The Association’s fundraising, engagement, branding, and communications efforts; and fostering relationships with former students, current students, parents, faculty, staff and friends of Texas A&M.
Occasional other duties as assigned.
Received: Manager of Traveling Aggies.
Required: Bachelor’s degree or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preferred: Graduate from Texas A&M University.
Required: One year in customer service. Excellent communication skills with a positive and friendly attitude. Self-motivated and organized. Willingness to work both as a team player and independently. Ability to prioritize, multi-task and have a strong attention to detail.
Preferred: Travel industry experience.
Required: Must be able to operate a keyboard, telephone, and computer. Frequent use of a computer is required. Ability to perform occasional merge/mail tasks with envelopes and mailing labels required. Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. Physically healthy and available to travel domestically and internationally on occasion, being away from home days or weeks at a time. A valid driver’s license and passport.
Required: Exceptional organizational, planning and project management skills. Ability to work independently in an ever-changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines. Effective time management skills. Ability to develop long-lasting and professional relationships. Working knowledge of standard office equipment. Advanced software skills, including MS Word, Excel and Google Suite to perform administrative duties as required in maintaining communications, databases and spreadsheets. Experience with MS Excel and MS Access. Be able to quickly learn digital communication technologies including website interfaces and mass email platforms.
Required: Extremely detail oriented. Professional attire and behavior. Outgoing personality with a positive and friendly attitude. Ability to interact with former students of all generations. Ability to handle multiple projects; flexibility to adjust to rapidly changing situations and problem solving with a positive attitude. Ability to derive solutions to unexpected last-minute challenges. Excellent oral and written communications skills. Work well independently as well as with a high-functioning team.
Preferred: First aid training and CPR certification.