Do you have the passion to join a group whose mission is to pioneer the discovery of a new class of medicines to treat diseases unaddressed by today’s therapies? Does it excite you to be a part of a company with a platform that can address any disease area with high unmet medical need? If yes, you may be a great fit to join Arrakis Therapeutics on our path to bring powerful new RNA-targeted small molecule (rSM) medicines to millions of patients.
Your Impact at Arrakis
The mission of Arrakis Therapeutics is to extend small molecule medicines into new realms of biology by discovering and developing compounds that selectively target RNA. By targeting distinct RNA structure: function relationships, Arrakis aims to generate drug candidates with novel mechanisms of action for molecular targets that are challenging to drug with other approaches, opening up vast new realms of human biology for medicine.
Our co-ops will not only gain experience in a scaling biotech company, but they will also learn various skills for RNA-targeted therapeutics, e.g., cell culture, immunoassays, and molecular biology. All these skills will further equip the co-op for a broad range of demands in future occupational settings.
The successful co-op should be a team player who possesses a sense of personal responsibility and can build trust as well as credibility with team members. This person must be well organized, flexible, and enjoy the challenges of working with a team of diverse individuals.
Key tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Expand and grow relevant mammalian cell lines
- Design and perform biological immunoassays in low- and high-throughput formats
- Utilize established assays to monitor key cell-based assay readouts/biomarkers of relevance
- Test activity of program compounds in optimized assays
- Work effectively with a cross-functional biology, informatics, assay development, and chemistry team to deliver high-quality results
- Function independently and in team settings to design, conduct, and analyze experimental data
- Record, communicate, and present experimental outcomes effectively across the organization
- Undergraduate degree in biochemistry, biology, or a related fields
- Previous laboratory experience is preferred
- Some mammalian cell culture (Sterile technique)
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude without losing objectivity
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions and copes effectively with complexity and change
Interested in learning more about Arrakis? Click on the links below!
Arrakis/Amgen Partnership (Jan. 2022)
Arrakis/Roche Alliance Partnership (Apr. 2021)
Dark Matter Blog: Arrakis achieves escape velocity
Dark Matter Blog: Following our pole star
Arrakis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.