We are excited to be searching for a President of Teach to One. This newly created role, sparked by our new strategic plan, will play a crucial role in leading New Classrooms to reach its fullest potential. Our strategic plan prioritizes enhancing and scaling our math solutions to address the profound losses in learning that students across the country are experiencing. The President will report to the CEO and will lead the organization’s core business functions and will work collaboratively with the organization’s senior leaders and Board of Directors to achieve our impact and growth objectives.
The New Classrooms Board of Directors recently approved a new strategic plan, which calls for a) enhancing our offerings and increasing the number of students served with our solutions to more than 250,000; b) engaging in R&D to finish “cracking the code” as to how to catch any student up to grade level in three years or less; and c) influencing the K-12 policy landscape so that it is more conducive to innovative solutions. Our President will be directly responsible for this first objective: the successful implementation and growth of our core solutions. Specifically, they are responsible for overall organizational growth strategy and operations, with an emphasis on Offering Design, Product Development, Product Operations, Account Management & Support, Sales and Marketing.
The ideal candidate will have experience operating and growing a software-based organization in the K-12 sector. However, extraordinary candidates from outside the sector are encouraged to apply.
What You Would Do
- Develop and execute an offering development and growth strategy to successfully and impactfully serve more than 250,000 students over the next three years.
- Directly oversee the organization’s day-to-day core business functions, including solution design, solution development, sales, marketing and client support.
- Ensure that organizational functions, such as talent, finance, and communications, are aligned and seamlessly coordinated with the core business strategy.
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to core business department leads and team members in service of coherent integration, efficient processes, cross-functional collaboration, professional growth, and overall excellence.
- Serve as a trusted partner to organizational leaders, as well as the Board of Directors, in service of addressing profound losses in learning for students across the nation.
What We are Looking For
- Minimum of a BA
- At least 10-15 years of experience with increasing responsibility in fast paced environments
- Prior oversight and a track record of success in both product development and sales, preferably within the K-12 sector
- Significant experience managing and developing senior level leaders
- Demonstrated passion for/commitment to education innovation and the organization’s mission
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative information to set a vision and support teams in creating strategies to achieve that vision
- Strong critical thinking skills and an ability to solve problems in the face of complexity and ambiguity
- Understanding of organizational design, with proven success developing systems and structures that foster positive employee engagement and successful program implementation
Role Classification and Benefits
The salary range for this role is $225,000-275,000. The role is full-time and includes benefits such as rich medical, dental, and vision insurance, 37 paid days off per year (prorated for the period in which you work), paid parental leave, matching 403B contributions, a professional development budget of $375 annually and a quarterly cell phone and home data plan subsidy.
While we had always worked from our New York City office, we have been working fully remotely since 2020 and have made hires across the country. We'll stay remote with occasional travel for in-person get-togethers and off-sites.
Commitment to Diversity
At New Classrooms we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create and inspire better ways to give every student an educational foundation for lifelong success. In order to fully realize this mission we are dedicated to building a diverse pool of candidates including those from underrepresented backgrounds, and resolute in building an inclusive culture that supports and celebrates the diverse voices and perspectives of our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.