About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized design firm with expertise in architecture, planning, landscape architecture, graphic design, interior architecture, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and most of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 200 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington, DC and Tempe, Arizona.
The Technical Landscape Architect will collaborate effectively with internal and external teams on the delivery of projects that demonstrate sound technical execution. This individual is responsible for providing site detailing and implementation direction for projects. Tasks include the review and guidance of drawing sets, development of project specifications, project management, scheduling coordination, and technical mentorship.
Site Design Technical Resource
- Provide technical review, QA/QC, and guidance towards the development and preparation of landscape submissions including schematic design, design development, and construction documentation packages, specifications, and construction administration phases.
- Coordinate with consultants, internal teams, and clients regularly to ensure parallel design efforts are in sequence with the intent of avoiding potential design conflicts between disciplines.
- Work closely with teammates to help advance technical knowledge and expertise, with the focus of this mentorship being based on active project work.
- Gather and organize relevant construction estimates, specifications, and other technical material annually to stay current with industry standards and advancements
- Demonstrate project management through the ability to transition a team from a conceptual design into the technical advancement needed for successful implementation.
- Manage projects independently.
- Develop timeframes in which to best engage consultants, internal reviews of drawings, and production.
- Manage internal project teams and external consultant teams to deliver the best technical results.
- Deliver high quality projects on time and within budget.
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience. Experience with higher education projects will be considered a plus.
- Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture (accredited degree program required).
- Architectural license required. LEED accreditation is required within 12 months.
- Strong technical project detailing and documentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and mentor others.
- Proficiency in documenting all phases of the design process.
- Excellent graphic and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional client service orientation and relationship-building skills.
- Strong proficiency in Revit, Rhino, Adobe suite, and Sketch-up.
- Solid MS office and Deltek abilities.
Why work at Ayers Saint Gross?
· We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients.
· We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence.
· We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups.
· We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that bring design to the community.
Ayers Saint Gross is a respected leader in the community offering a highly energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.ayerssaintgross.com.
As part of the Health and Safety protocols at Ayers Saint Gross, effective January 4, 2022, all US-based new hires, including interns will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical, religious or other exemption from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.
Ayers Saint Gross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.