At Familylinks, we want to see thriving communities of healthy and strong people. We achieve this by positively impacting lives through our integrated community, behavioral, and social programs. We work with one mission: everything we do serves a purpose to help others.
Familylinks believes that everyone who comes to work here is a valuable part of the team, and we make every effort to provide a comprehensive benefits package with lots of extras, work/life balance, training and education and room for growth.
Does that sound like you? Then look no further. Apply today!!
The CFO is a dynamic leader with a proven ability to manage people and processes in a fast-paced environment. This position requires strong business acumen with the ability to do the following:
- Communicate, collaborate, and form working partnerships with staff.
- Improve organizational effectiveness and analyze financial, government, and regulatory information to construct appropriate funding streams.
- Connect sound financial decision-making to the successful advance of the mission and achievement of the strategic plan.
Leadership and Management
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of the organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts.
- Manage the Finance and Billing departments (eight staff members) with transparency, approachability, and trust.
- Evaluate individual programs from a financial perspective, making recommendations regarding sustainability.
- Communicate, engage, and interact with Board of Directors, CEO, COO, and Leadership Team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with Familylinks plan for growth and expansion.
- Implement policies, procedures, and processes as deemed appropriate by either the Executive Team or the Leadership team.
Financial Analysis and Strategy
- Identify, acquire, and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss, forecast vs. budget, and weekly cash flow by programs.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop, and execute analysis of business initiatives and/or new service offerings.
Administration and Operations
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance, and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy of financial, and management reporting data for all funders, foundations, and the Board of Directors.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state, and federal tax returns.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts, and overhead cost allocation.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors. Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure fund availability.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Previous experience managing diverse revenue streams, preferably in a nonprofit organization.
- 10+plus years accounting or finance experience and 5+ years supervising staff.
- Experience with Black Baud products including Financial Edge.
- Knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS and SEC reporting.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
- The CFO must support the organization’s mission along with sensitivity of cultural and workplace harmony.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and compliance-related issues.